Main Menu

Stay in school

Started by JCSCADET, September 02, 2006, 04:34:12 PM

JCSCADET

I dropped out of CAP back in October of 05.  Then in Febuary*, I quit school and got a very hard laboring job.  On july 16, I enrolled into the Mississippi National Guard Youth Challenge Program, which is a 5 month program very similar to an CAP encampment.  I have made it almost 1/3 of the way through the course.  I do regret dropping out of school, but i am so glad that i was in CAP. It has helped me out alot!!! STAY IN SCHOOL!!!

twe

Some people, perhaps most, get totally fed up with school as some point. They then go off and do something else. And then many decide that other things can be much worse than school and have little future. They then start down the road to fix their future, and finishing their education is a tremendous step in that direction.

It sounds like you got fed up but are now trying to fix your future.  Keep at it, even when things seem to be going badly. You can make progress and work/learn your way to someplace you will like much better. But is does take perseverance and effort.

And, believe it or not, when you finally start to see your life improving, you will actually be better off than those who took a more conventional route.  You will know exactly where you want to go, what you want to do, and you will have sufficient motivation to get there in spite of whatever obstacles may confront you.

So congratulations on taking steps to turn things around.  And when you can, try hard to go back to school and finish. Does your NG program help you finish any schooling?

Let us know how you are making out.

And you may even decide to rejoin CAP at some point!
twe

JCSCADET

I am attending classes at YCP during the day to work towards getting my GED and if I complete the program, I will also recieve my High School diploma! I am considering joining the Army or Coastguard as soon as I graduate YCP in December.

flyguy06

I am inthe Guard and we have a Youth challenge program. I se tose kids doing PT and think its greeat. YCP is better than the alternative