Main Menu

Opsec Training:

Started by Becks, June 06, 2006, 03:29:58 PM

Becks

Below is an excerpt from Gen Pineda's attached letter.  The OPSEC Training course link is: https://tests.cap.af.mil/opsec

Excerpt from Gen Pineda's letter:

I am very pleased to announce another initiative which will help position CAP for more Homeland Security responsibilities.  One of the key aspects of our mission preparedness will be training.  Specifically we need to educate our members about how to handle sensitive information concerning our missions, our capabilities and our partner agencies.  For this purpose our staff has developed an OPSEC training program tailored to CAP.  I've reviewed the program and I think you and your members will find it both entertaining and informative.  It will help all of us be more thoughtful about dealing with sensitive information.

BBATW

mikeylikey

I wonder if the AF said "CAP make your members aware"?  Or was it, hey we need to keep these guys at NHQ working, lets produce a slide show and buy the rights to show clips of R. Lee Ermey from a 20 minute Air Force OPSEC presentation.  Any AF people reading this, have you seen the full video?  I will have to agree though, the presentation was one of CAP's more entertaining ones.  Short and to the point is what I like!
What's up monkeys?

shorning

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 07, 2006, 12:48:48 PM
I wonder if the AF said "CAP make your members aware"?  Or was it, hey we need to keep these guys at NHQ working, lets produce a slide show and buy the rights to show clips of R. Lee Ermey from a 20 minute Air Force OPSEC presentation.  Any AF people reading this, have you seen the full video?  I will have to agree though, the presentation was one of CAP's more entertaining ones.  Short and to the point is what I like!

CAP's OPSEC training is comparable to what the AF does.  Although, the AF usually requires a short test at the end before they will generate a certificate.

Becks

I know at the end of the course it says it is forwarding your completion to NHQ.  Are they just going to keep it on file there or do you think they might put it on E-services under training?

BBATW

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Becks on June 13, 2006, 04:47:09 PM
I know at the end of the course it says it is forwarding your completion to NHQ.  Are they just going to keep it on file there or do you think they might put it on E-services under training?

I don't know what NHQ has in mind... all they hint at is that commanders, communications officers and incident commanders would have access to the database which shows a listing of all members who have taken the OPSEC training.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Al Sayre

Yes, but we can't tell you, we'd have to kill you... >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Becks

the intent of NHQ is clearly FOUO  :D

BBATW

MIKE

I thought there would be more to the NDA then there was... I was expecting a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that I would have to read and agree to.
Mike Johnston

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on June 13, 2006, 10:13:28 PM
I thought there would be more to the NDA then there was... I was expecting a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that I would have to read and agree to.

To be a "real" NDA, there should have been.  I know the ones I sign for work are more detailed that that one.

Becks

FYI if you go into Eservices/interactive personnel system/"newqual/cert" there is now Ops-OPSEC listed which shows if you have completed the  "course"

BBATW

Hammer

Quote from: Becks on June 16, 2006, 03:33:24 AM
FYI if you go into Eservices/interactive personnel system/"newqual/cert" there is now Ops-OPSEC listed which shows if you have completed the  "course"

Thanks for telling me/us that, sir!  Otherwise I would of never known that,

Matt

I finally broke down and took this "training" or what have you.

I'm intrigued, however, as to the fact that my Classified Courier course through the Nat'l Guard was much more difficult and taught me more.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Becks

Yup the courier couse is much more in depth, theres alot of good training to be found on that NG site.

BBATW

Matt

Yup, I need to finish up my Combat Lifesaver... only problem is, to get the actual Army signoff one has to insert and IV.... so Drew... when you coming to visit ;)
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Becks

Heh, im about 3/4 of the way through combat lifesaver.  Visit? Um...when i get time off work to drive the 17 hours to WI.

BBATW

Becks

Opsec now also shows on your main member data section under achievments.

BBATW

afgeo4

You guys mind sharing which ARNG courses you're talking about and how the rest of us can partake in them?  Thanks  ;D
GEORGE LURYE