Main Menu

My sincerest regret

Started by mikeylikey, July 08, 2007, 11:58:26 PM

mikeylikey

Well......I have been here long enough to upset a few, make a few friends and get under the skin of many!  I posted a few questionable items, got some threads locked, thrown some tantrums and added to some good debate.  I am not one to make a public apology but here it goes. 

To Nomex Maximus, I regret that I alluded that you were Ray Hayden on the very first thread you started.  That was not right I and I feel terrible about it. I am Sorry. 

To Lt FAT and Fuzzy.......I am sorry for the explosion to your post about the Islamic fundamentalist.  That was uncalled for, and disrespectful to you.  I am Sorry.

I have made some questionable remarks that may represent me to some of you in a less than positive light.  That was never my intention.  As some of you may know from my posts, I am a military Officer.  I have chosen a  way of life where people expect more from me.  The old saying "an Officer and a gentleman" comes to mind right now.  I was neither today. 

I will take some time off......cool down and maybe get a vacation in here before summer ends.  I hope to see some of you at the NER Conference.  In any case, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable rest of summer.

Mikey   

What's up monkeys?

Pumbaa

CadetProgramGuy

^^Now that is the truest sense of an Officer and a Gentleman.

bosshawk

Mikey: your apology speaks tons about your credibility and intellectual honesty.  Folks like you, who have the intestinal fortitude to apologize for a screwup are few and far between, and need to be thanked.

I spent 30 years as a Commissioned Officer in the Armed Forces and I have done just what you did and had the B----s to admit it.  

Continue to march, young man and thanks for your service.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

alexalvarez

Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Skyray

I was about to post a scathing comment about anonymous posting and the way it leads us to act in ways that would not be acceptable in the Ward Room or around our dinner table.  I understand that with the vindictive nature of upper management it is probably prudent to remain anonymous, particularly if you are critical of the establishment, and many of you do not have the security of having withdrawn your participation in CAP so that there is nothing that upper management can do to me except maintain that secret flag that prevents me from rejoining.  Don't know with all the controversy whether or not Tony has seen fit to maintain it, I found a home in the Coast Guard Auxiliary and I have been very busy there.

Meanwhile, it is interesting to see how my opinion has been vindicated.  I was trashed out of the organization very much like Rex Glasgow, and one of my transgressions was telling Tony Pineda to his face that in my opinion he lacked integrity,  Subsequent events have proved me correct.  Ray Hayden may be resorting to pseudonyms now, but when he first broke the surface, he put his real name, his real job, and his real delict out there, warts and all.  Back in my day, we used to say "an officer by act of congress; a gentleman by act of God."  Sorry Mikey, the officer may have apologized, but the gentleman would have never been so crass.

Doug Johnson
USMC 1960-1968
192 Combat Missions RVN 65-66
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Sgt. Savage

Mike,

I applaud your growth and admire your integrity. We often falter at times such as these because of our passion. Not knowing you personally, I believe this to be true of you. Drive on sir, you have work to do.