problems with .cap.gov domain because of RBL?

Started by Eclipse, July 03, 2007, 02:34:50 PM

Eclipse

Anyone else getting their mail bounced by ".cap.gov" domains by an RBL called "bigfish.com"?

It appears they are using a Microsoft hosted exchange service, and in the last few days anything I send to
NHQ forms, or ILWG is getting bounced because of a block on the originating IP.

Its bad enough they have attachment cap sizes, not this nonsense!

Reporting-MTA: dns; glr.cap.gov
Received-From-MTA: DNS; mail.websitesource.net
Arrival-Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:44:41 -0400

Final-Recipient: RFC822; lmmeforms@capnhq.gov
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.global.frontbridge.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Service unavailable; Client host [204.16.129.11] blocked using 88.blacklist.zap; Mail From IP Banned To request removal from this list please forward this message to delist@bigfish.com.
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:45:02 -0400

Messages to ILWG just get blocked with less explanation.

Anyone else seeing this?

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

I haven't had the mail problems but about 2 weeks ago my website had a nervous breakdown and now I can't load or delete any files from the FTP
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

floridacyclist

My squadron commander forwarded an email today regarding this. He had tried to forward a 2a to national only to have it bounce. Are you using AOL by any chance?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

whatevah

aside from trying to get your email servers delisted, I'd also suggest telling NHQ you're having problems.     look up "Chief Web and Network Operations" in the CAP Directory under E-Services.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

I've already followed the delist instructions, which received zero response, typical for an RBL service.
I'm having trouble even finding where it is, or much background on it - it keeps coming back to MS.

As to contacting NHQ, I don't expect much relief on that front, either.  If someone there has already made the decision to use one of these, they are not likely open to removing the service.  And most RBLs I have dealt with are pretty stubborn about delists.

I wanted to check first to see if others were having the issue.

Also, as mentioned on CS< NHQ is closed the rest of the week.

"That Others May Zoom"