CAP members listed on Airborne Law Enforcement Officers online memorial

Started by RiverAux, June 11, 2007, 02:28:28 AM

Flying Pig

I think something needs to be pointed out about the ALEA Memorial page.  As Im sure most know, ALEA is a private non-profit organization.  There is no law or set-in-stone criteria for who can listed.  If CAP members die while supporting a SAR Misson where LE was involved, I would imagine they would be listed out of a courtesy for the lack of a better term, or if a CAP member was killed who also happened to be in Law Enforcement as in the case of the Charolette-Mecklenburg PD officer.

If you have anyone you think deserves to be placed on the ALEA site, send an email and let it be evaluated.  But lets make sure we aren't trying to piggy-back another organization vs. creating our own.

Why doesnt National maintain this feature on our web our CAP web site?

RiverAux

At least since I've been in CAP we've had at least 1 fatal airplane accident a year and if we assume that this has declined since WWII, we are probably talking about well over 100 CAP members who could be eligible given their own criteria (not including the WWII deaths). 

SARMedTech

"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."