2007 National Conference in Atlanta

Started by flyguy06, January 17, 2007, 04:48:53 PM

flyguy06

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 29, 2007, 10:18:03 AM
This may actually be a silly question but As I live out of state Ill ask it anyway...   I have family in Buford. - suburb- Would it be possible / practical to stay with them and drive in to the event each day or take the subway? And question two: what is the cost of the conference itself? -sans hotel fees-

Yes, Buford is about 30 mins from downtown. You could do it but you better get an early start because traffic inthe mornings is crazy.

JohnKachenmeister

Is Fort MacPherson still open?  And if so, do they have a BOQ that the retired and not-so-retired military guys could check into?

Not that I like Atlanta very much.  I hate Atlanta so much that I rent "Gone With The Wind" and fast forward to the part where they burn Atlanta down.
Another former CAP officer

mikeylikey

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 30, 2007, 05:45:12 AM
Is Fort McPherson still open?  And if so, do they have a BOQ that the retired and not-so-retired military guys could check into?

Not that I like Atlanta very much.  I hate Atlanta so much that I rent "Gone With The Wind" and fast forward to the part where they burn Atlanta down.

FORT Mcpherson
http://www.mcpherson.army.mil/Housing/Lodging.htm

I never really like Atlanta that much either!
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Things I hate about Atlanta:

1.  The airport.

2.  The traffic.

3.  Jane Fonda lives there.

4.  Ted Turner lives there.

5.  The football team.

6.  The baseball team.

7.  MARTA  (Moving A--holes Rapidly Through Atlanta)

8.  The freeway system.  (Designed by idiots, and built by their relatives.)

flyguy06

Well, I love Atlanta. I am an original Atlantan from the inner city that is and if you dont like it then dont come. I was actually born at Ft McPherson due to my dad being inthe service back then. Yes Fort Mac is still open and no they dont have a BOQ. Dobbins Air Reserve Base has BOQ's though

flyguy06

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 30, 2007, 05:21:13 PM
Things I hate about Atlanta:

1.  The airport.

2.  The traffic.

3.  Jane Fonda lives there.

4.  Ted Turner lives there.

5.  The football team.

6.  The baseball team.

7.  MARTA  (Moving A--holes Rapidly Through Atlanta)

8.  The freeway system.  (Designed by idiots, and built by their relatives.)

Now come on, you know what people realky say MARTA stands for. go ahead and say it

JohnKachenmeister