Civic Leadership Academy

Started by thebeggerpie, September 18, 2015, 07:48:07 PM

thebeggerpie

Anybody been? What is it like(Academically challenging I bet.)? Any tips?

I am going to apply to attend it for 2016. And that application date is fast approaching!

THRAWN

Quote from: SPS on September 19, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
PM sent

Why? Is it classified G14 cone of silence stuff? Others might have the same question...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

JC004

CLA is an excellent opportunity. It is appropriate for mature cadet officers with good interpersonal communication skills. It is selective. There are only a couple dozen slots. It has accreditation so it should make your school happy to excuse you. You get the chance to do things, see things, and meet people you may never get to do again in your life. 

Very highly recommended. I give it 5 out of 5 gold oak leaves.

Colonel Lee (username Ned)  can probably give you some good thoughts too.

SPS

Quote from: THRAWN on September 19, 2015, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: SPS on September 19, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
PM sent

Why? Is it classified G14 cone of silence stuff? Others might have the same question...

Since he is committed to applying anyway I asked if he had more specific questions (ref: 'any tips?')
There are a dozen answers I could give him and none may be what he is interested in.
I attended recently and concur with JC004 that is a fantastic Activity with tremendous staff.
As all I have attend this far.
If there is anything anyone can benefit from what he asks I may post later; to date no reply.

thebeggerpie

Registration opens today for the CLA. Essay topics haven't been posted however.  :-\

trakn

I just noticed the dates on the NCSA page are for 2015, not 2016. Does anyone know if it is current? Is there even going to be a CLA?

thebeggerpie

Quote from: trakn on October 01, 2015, 11:17:18 PM
I just noticed the dates on the NCSA page are for 2015, not 2016. Does anyone know if it is current? Is there even going to be a CLA?

I haven't heard a no, so I am hoping on a yes. I only have a few years left in the cadet program, and I really want to go.

dwb

There will be a CLA. Sometimes they're a few days behind getting the information out there and the applications open. Keep an eye on the page and I'm sure you'll see something soon.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: dwb on October 01, 2015, 11:35:46 PM
There will be a CLA. Sometimes they're a few days behind getting the information out there and the applications open. Keep an eye on the page and I'm sure you'll see something soon.

I had a cadet unable to apply because of the age restriction, but she'll be 16 by time of activity. Emailed NHQ, and as has been pointed out here, the system dates haven't been updated, but was told it should be done this week .

dwb

Yes. They published info about CLA in the most recent Vector newsletter. Keep checking http://capmembers.com/civics for updates.

Note that one of the cadet programs paid staffers at NHQ resigned last month, and also I believe CLA has a new director this year. So they may be a little behind getting the info out.

Shutterbug

The activity webpage has been updated with the 2016 dates, as well as this year's essay topics.

http://ncsas.com/?civic_leadership_academy&show=career_fair&careerFairID=23

trakn

Huzzah! Best of luck, everyone.

Shutterbug

While emails haven't been sent out yet, the activity status appears to have been updated in eServices and cadets have been selected.

Congratulations to all who were accepted!

Гугл переводчик

CLA is definitely a NCSA i wish I had been selected to attend while I was a cadet... always wanted to go to DC
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

thebeggerpie

Congrats to the selected cadets. Hope y'all have fun in DC.

elkorona

Congrats to those cadets that were selected!
Lt Col Elliott Korona, CAP
Deputy Director, Civic Leadership Academy