Billy Mitchell Exam

Started by CadetColonelToBe, May 25, 2013, 04:39:11 PM

CadetColonelToBe

I've been working hard to study for my Mitchell Exam, but I'm really nervous about taking it... I'm not sure what to expect, so I'm not sure what exactly to emphasize on when I study... I'm just worried that I didn't study the right things. So can anyone help and tell me what to study exactly. Thanks

C/CMSgt Lane
Our position on them is that if we're going to train them hard to fly, and then drag them out in the woods to look for potentially serious crashes, then they're not kids anymore, they're Cadets!

lordmonar

If you study your Leadership books, your AE modules and the drill manual.....you are studying the right things.

There are no trick questions....it's pretty straight forward.

Good Luck.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Phil Hirons, Jr.

You've passed  tests on all of the material in small pieces.

Day of or day before review all the section questions in your books.

Майор Хаткевич

And remember, leadership and AE are two separate tests, 50 questions each and 60 minutes given per test. You may want to take them one at a time as you may not have enough time for both during the meeting.

C/2d Lt

I just passed the test. If you go to...

http://quizlet.com/class/498100/

it is a list of Aerospace terms and a list of leadership terms that I found VERY helpful on the test. One of the main reason that I passed the aerospace test.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Honorguardsmanflwg

Here's a story for for you. When I took my Mitchell, leadership test. My Commander gave me the wrong outdated one. Of course I failed, but then he gave me it again and I failed. Finally he realized, and I passed.
Just don't give up when you take yours, get it done and you will feel a huge weight off your shoulders

Extremepredjudice

Take it with the intention of failing and see where you are weak.

You don't have to pass the first time.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

NC Hokie

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 18, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
Take it with the intention of failing and see where you are weak.

Ummmm...no. Not just no, but heck no!

Doing this would violate two of the Core Values and the Cadet Oath, and it might even constitute a compromise of the test.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

a2capt

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 18, 2013, 11:12:50 PMTake it with the intention of failing and see where you are weak.
My duty as TCO is to asure that the time spent testing isn't wasting the cadets time, or mine. That would be two counts right there, and if I even thought that was going on, I'd be telling them to come back another day. OTOH, I have had to nudge a few cadets into actually taking the test .. over the years past. "You'll do fine, lets just get it over with". :)