TLC implementation date?

Started by NCRblues, September 30, 2011, 03:48:23 AM

NCRblues

I know that under the new 52-16, 2 SM's are required to have TLC in squadrons. My question to you all is, when was TLC first offered as a course? A ballpark would be great.

I have looked around and I see 2008, does that sound right to anyone?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Tim Medeiros

I want to ballpark around 2005-2006, it had been around for a while when I took it in 2007.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

Mid 2005.

I took mine in Spring (like Mayish) Nov 2006, and to my understanding it was only the second one offered in GLR, with the first class, at least in GLR, having been done a few months before that in May or June.  At the time there was no requirement that an instructor had to have first taken the class as there were few members anywhere who had done one to date.  Mine was moderated by the (then) DCS of Cadet Programs for GLR, who as I understand had input into the initial curriculum.

The oldest email I have referencing TLC is April 2006 with a link back to a now dead link that has "tlc_2005" in it.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

The farthest back I find one in my searchable email is 15-July, 2006
[/size]
QuoteCAWG and NHQ will jointly conduct a TLC course on July 15 & 16, 2006 at March ARB.

Cost $20.00 Submit CAWGF-31 to: xxxxx @cawg.cap.gov

Then mail check and original form to:
CAWG-CP
TLC Course
P.O. Box 7688
Van Nuys, CA 91409

Billeting available on a first come first serve basis. This is a training weekend, so book early.
I've attached a curriculum guide dated Nov. 2005, as well. Plus I believe it was in early 2005 or late 2004 even, that our unit ended up hosting a TLC because "there had not been one offered in so long.. and several people needed it for their master rating", (or to advance in CP, at some stage), that the gauntlet was thrown down, so to say - "well, if you're not going to organize one anytime soon, how about if we do it?" and they jumped at it. We had several attendees from San Francisco come, 500 miles ... and a lot from in-between. About 40 people, and a two day course. It was a couple years later that I remember doing it again, and that would co-incide with this email I've posted. I found the roster for that class, that looks like was actually deferred to September, as my roster is dated 23-24 Sept, 2006. Since a lot had changed in CP's in the then recent past, our project officer had NHQ on board with it, too as they were interested to see how the course went, with new materials they hadn't published yet. So I figure looking back on it, we were the crash test dummies for it as the attached manual came out afterwards.

(Posting with an attachment just times out, maybe it's broke.)

Eclipse

I've done some more look-up, and adjusted my dates - the curriculum was developed in 2005 and the classes started running in early 2006.

Mine was in Nov 06, but was still,  I believe, the second one in GLR.  The email I have from April 06 references possibly presenting TLC at Spring Encampment

Quote from: email dated 04/16/06
There has been a great deal of new information made available in the last year regarding the Training Leaders of Cadets curriculum.
More info:  (I am only thinking about a small portion of this program)
http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/programs/cadet_programs_for_all_youth/tools_for_leaders/tlc_2005/tlc_course_directors_instructors/

http://level2.cap.gov/visitors/programs/cadet_programs_for_all_youth/tools_for_leaders/tlc_2005/?CFID=5683397&CFTOKEN=f883ee1cd8b43425-F3B6B47D-F18A-B029-4C3FA038E75C3AA2

CAWG may have been doing something similar on their own, but there wasn't anything like TLC as a national curriculum before 2005.

One of the reasons I remember the ramp-up was because it was such a departure from Powerpoint death, and heralded the beginning of major improvement in professional development.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

* a2capt tries again to add an attachment ..

vvvv Nov. 2005 TLC Guide:

NCRblues

In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC