NCC 2012

Started by cadetyani85, September 29, 2011, 01:46:09 AM

Ron1319

I don't, but is Vegas fielding a team?  That'd be awesome as we've gone uncontested the last two years.  I'd love to encourage a third team.  It looked like Washington had a team last year and then they decided against attending.  The competition was in Reno two years ago, if I recall correctly.  Perhaps if NV had a team ready to go then getting a third team to come play would be easier as there would be a better competition in store for everyone.  It's really lame having to show up knowing you're not going to have competition and makes for a weaker PCR team at NCC.
Ronald Thompson, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander, Squadron 85, Placerville, CA
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

Ned

Quote from: DProsser14 on December 01, 2011, 09:26:39 PM
Does any one know when and where PCR Competition is?

Per the PCR DCP, the final location has not been confirmed.  They are looking at either Camp Murray in Washington or Camp Parks in Northern California with a tentative date of 20-22 APR.

Full details and OPLAN will be published when she gets something locked down.

Ron1319

If Vegas says they're in then NorCal would seem to be better.  Hopefully if there are at least 3 drill teams then Washington would come down this year.  Anybody have contacts in Oregon to see if they could be pushed into getting a team together?  Four at region comp would be fun.
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

DProsser14

Yes, Vegas is in!  :-)
Ch, Major at Las Vegas Composite Squadron
Former cadet in Arizona Wing - Sq. 105
and Kenosha, Wisconsin, Flying Bloodhounds

DProsser14

Where is Camp Parks?  Driving to LA sound like a better option.   :clap:
The sooner we know, the better!!

Let's Play!
Amen, Shalom & HOOAH

PA Guy

Camp Parks is located in Livermore between Oakland and Sacramento.

a2capt

That Sacramento mention makes it sound somewhere else than it is. At the northeast corner of I-580 & I-680. Between Hayward and Livermore, just north of Dublin, off Dublin Blvd.

If it ends up being there, follow the signs off 580, the "GPS" directions are no good. You'll get to a point of "can't get there from here".

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on December 05, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
That Sacramento mention makes it sound somewhere else than it is. At the northeast corner of I-580 & I-680. Between Hayward and Livermore, just north of Dublin, off Dublin Blvd.

If it ends up being there, follow the signs off 580, the "GPS" directions are no good. You'll get to a point of "can't get there from here".

And if you end up at the jail, you're right next door! ;)

DProsser14

Great! We will be there, where ever it is. Excited to Represent!

Ron1319

Great to hear.  Anybody heard from WAWG?  I reached out to Oregon Wing and the response was not very promising.  I've been told they have few cadets.  Perhaps they'd have a lot more if they had 2-3 drill teams at wing competition and brought a team to region comp.
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

DProsser14

Has anyone heard a word? Other Wings, dates, location?

a2capt

CAWG was just this weekend.

LC

AZWG comp is Feb 11th.

DAWHALEN

Washington Wing Competition is March 23 and 24 at Camp Murray. Washington Wing is Hosting the Region Competition April 27,28 also at Camp Murray.

Daniel A Whalen, Maj., CAP
Cadet Programs Director
Washington Wing
PCR-WA-001
http://www.wawg.cap.gov/

a2capt

Wing and Region competition in the same location? For a team to advance from?

Interesting... 

davidsinn

Quote from: a2capt on January 26, 2012, 03:53:24 AM

Interesting...

Why is that interesting? Somebody's got to host region after all.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on January 26, 2012, 03:53:24 AM

Interesting...

A facility is a facility. What's the problem?

Ron1319

The only problem I see is that it's 1,150 miles or a 19.75 hour drive (non-stop) from Las Vegas to Camp Murray, according to Google Maps. For comparison, it's 950 miles, or about 16 hours from Dayton, Ohio to Orlando, FL. 

It'd be nice if region HQ wanted to charter a bus for the Vegas team so they could afford to come to competition.
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319

PHall

Quote from: Ron1319 on January 26, 2012, 04:42:07 AM
The only problem I see is that it's 1,150 miles or a 19.75 hour drive (non-stop) from Las Vegas to Camp Murray, according to Google Maps. For comparison, it's 950 miles, or about 16 hours from Dayton, Ohio to Orlando, FL. 

It'd be nice if region HQ wanted to charter a bus for the Vegas team so they could afford to come to competition.

And how far is it for the teams from Alaska and Hawaii? Pacific Region covers a very large area.

Ron1319

I doubt their color guards would drive to competition.  Neither has fielded a drill team the last few years, at least.
PCR-CA-273
Spaatz #1319