Main Menu

NESA '06 Announced

Started by Horn229, October 01, 2005, 10:00:11 AM

MIKE

Quote from: Pylon on July 24, 2006, 03:48:54 AM
We're going to start having CAPTalk get-togethers at major CAP events now, haha.  :)

NER Conference '05 didn't count?
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on July 24, 2006, 02:40:42 PM
Quote from: Pylon on July 24, 2006, 03:48:54 AM
We're going to start having CAPTalk get-togethers at major CAP events now, haha.  :)

NER Conference '05 didn't count?

True.  I guess we've already started!  We're big time now...   8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

whatevah

well, I'm home...  well, actually got home around 3am. :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

DeputyDog

Quote from: whatevah on August 06, 2006, 07:57:18 PM
well, I'm home...  well, actually got home around 3am. :)
Did you like how I suddenly disappeared from NESA?  ;)

whatevah

hmm... disappeared?  I don't remember anybody leaving early.  but, then... I was running around a lot. :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

DeputyDog

Quote from: whatevah on August 07, 2006, 02:20:04 PM
hmm... disappeared?  I don't remember anybody leaving early.  but, then... I was running around a lot. :)
I left that first Tuesday right after I met you. They wouldn't stop serving pork as the main course (they served it 5 meals in a row...its a religious dietary issue), so I was starving by the time Tuesday rolled around....so I left.

whatevah

hmm... thought for sure you were in the group photo.  sorry, 300 faces kinda blur together.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Nathan

Quote from: DeputyDog on August 07, 2006, 06:06:01 PM
I left that first Tuesday right after I met you. They wouldn't stop serving pork as the main course (they served it 5 meals in a row...its a religious dietary issue), so I was starving by the time Tuesday rolled around....so I left.

Dude, it seems a little weird that they would try to accomadate the whole diet thing. I was having difficulty with a medicine that dehydrates me VERY quickly, so they gave me a canteen to put Gatorade in... I don't see how hard it would be to figure out something else for your dietary needs...
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

whatevah

the AF NCOIC with the cooks was an idiot the first week.  they removed him the second week and made somebody else the NCOIC.  food got better then :)

last year, all of the cooks were excellent, but this year... :(   the LO we had this year was pretty much worthless, too.  I was running around a lot taking pics, but I rarely saw him doing anything. I rarely even saw him.  Nathan, during your graduation mission, he was fishing the whole day in the small ponds on base.  he even put a small boat in the bed of his pickup.  (I've got pics of it!  lol)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Heather

did anyone happen to meet C/Maj. Joe and C/Capt. Adam Trujillo?
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

whatevah

Quote from: Heather on August 10, 2006, 11:33:25 PM
did anyone happen to meet C/Maj. Joe and C/Capt. Adam Trujillo?
yeah, quite a few people did, they were staff members ;D
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Heather

wow...were they good staff members or were they lazy? I met them at CTWG Encampment 06 and they were on staff there as well and they did a good job there. "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"-C/Maj. Joe Trujillo at Encampment support staff "gathering"...good times, good times. Any moments like that at NESA?
C/TSgt. Bourne, Heather
GT3, CERT, Radio Comm. certified
399th Composite Squadron

whatevah

any lazy staff members at NESA... aren't staff for very long :)

I was the photographer so I was bouncing around too much to closely observe any specific staff members, but they're pretty good guys :)
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

DeputyDog

Quote from: Nathan on August 08, 2006, 08:35:12 PM
Quote from: DeputyDog on August 07, 2006, 06:06:01 PM

Dude, it seems a little weird that they would try to accomadate the whole diet thing. I was having difficulty with a medicine that dehydrates me VERY quickly, so they gave me a canteen to put Gatorade in... I don't see how hard it would be to figure out something else for your dietary needs...
Actually, they are required to accomodate it. Serving pork every meal for 5 times in a row is a major religious issue for me (I'm Jewish). I started complaining about it from the first meal and nothing was changed. The kicker was that at the 5th meal they did offer an alternative to pork....but the alternative had pork in it too! My needs were not addressed until after I had left (it apparently continued like that until they had the AF NCOIC of the mess hall leave a few days after I left). It is actually not hard to accomodate it...just offer me a piece a chicken as an alternative to pork.

Basically, I had paid money for food I couldn't eat.

Nathan

Seems to me like this should have been brought all the way up the chain ASAP...

I mean, I KNOW they had other foods back there. At least they could have offered you another bag of chips, or even one of the hundreds of extra MRE's lying around...
Nathan Scalia

Pylon

Quote from: Nathan on August 11, 2006, 03:13:47 PM
I mean, I KNOW they had other foods back there. At least they could have offered you another bag of chips, or even one of the hundreds of extra MRE's lying around...

A bag of chips or an MRE when you're paying for hot meals like everyone else?  Riiiiiiight. 

They should have accomodated any dietary needs on the first day, whether for health or religious reasons.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Nathan

Hell, I would have taken an MRE over eggs and bacon every morning... ;D

Of course he should have gotten the same sort of food, but if they made a fubar mistake like this, it should have been able to hold him until they were able to get real food in there (at a maximum of two days).
Nathan Scalia

DeputyDog

Quote from: Nathan on August 11, 2006, 03:13:47 PM
Seems to me like this should have been brought all the way up the chain ASAP...
Oh it was. The School Commandant had apparently talked to the AF NCOIC about it immediately, and that didn't work. The National EEO was not happy about it...he was able to get me a partial refund.  ;)

mawr

DeputyDog, do you keep Kosher?  I ask as I'm aquainted with Lt Col Joel Katz of the SER and he travels with his own food when he cannot be assured of kosher meals.

As a christian, I find all this interesting as I try to broaden my horizons.
Rick Hasha, Lt Col CAP

DeputyDog

Quote from: mawr on August 11, 2006, 11:11:05 PM
DeputyDog, do you keep Kosher?  I ask as I'm aquainted with Lt Col Joel Katz of the SER and he travels with his own food when he cannot be assured of kosher meals.

As a christian, I find all this interesting as I try to broaden my horizons.
As much as I possibly can. There are alot of rules regarding Kosher preparation that would be unfeasible to do for one or two people at a large activity (separate prep dishes, washing the dishes twice, etc). I generally just do not eat pork when I am away from home (it is the one thing I am absolutely unmoveable on). However, if a Kosher restaurant is nearby, I do eat there instead of somewhere else.

Now my wife is a Baptist. So when she eats pork, I tell her she has to brush her teeth twice before she can kiss me.  ;D