Main Menu

CAP Relationships

Started by iniedrauer, January 23, 2008, 07:19:16 PM

Eclipse

This is so easy...

You are an "adult" (as far as CAP is concerned), when you are responsible for your own well-being and safety.

Seniors members are, cadets are not.

"That Others May Zoom"

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Ned on January 26, 2008, 04:47:17 AM
(HEAVILY REDACTED)

Ned Lee
Former CAP Legal Officer

Every civil rights act passed by Congress was done to comply with the appropriate Constitutional Amendment, except for the 26th. In that case, we still live under "Separate but equal" decisions not unlike Jim Crow.

Yes, I'm comparing this to Jim Crow. Every citizen over the age of 18 has all the civil and legal responsibilites as every other citizens over the age of 21 yet are denied many of the rights and privledges and are in effect treated as second class citizens not unlike minorites were up until the 60's.

We deny 18-21 year olds specific rights in the name of public safety. Public Safety was also one of the many pathetic excuses for Jim Crow.

Like I've said before, CAP could make this a no-brainer by making the cutoff date for cadets at 18 where it probably should be anyway. This pretty much settles the Cadet/Senior relationship issue once and for all.   
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Eclipse on January 26, 2008, 05:23:14 AM
This is so easy...

You are an "adult" (as far as CAP is concerned), when you are responsible for your own well-being and safety.

Seniors members are, cadets are not.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

I know of one cadet (now a Senior) who, at the age of 18 joined the National Guard after his parents refused to sign the papers at 17. Once out of basic and Helicopter mechanic school ended up with a State technician's job drawing nearly 40,000/year wrenching on Blackhawks with no College. At 19 he bought his own house, paying his own bills and own health insurance.

All while being a CAP cadet as well.

Now, is this cadet, being obviously responsible for his own health and well being, UNDER YOUR DEFINITION ABOVE, an adult or not???

Or should we forbid all CAP cadets to own property, vote or any other right they have upon the age of 18 simply because we can as CAP, Inc.'s desire to "protect" them?
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

lordmonar

Johnny Yuma....

I hear you and I agree with you in a way.

But we come up with two very different conclusions.

You are right that at 18 you are considered a legal adult.

But CAP makes little or no distinction between an adult Cadet and a child Cadet.

How do we rectify this problem?

Make the mandatory age for senior member 18.......

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Ned

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 26, 2008, 06:20:00 PM
Yes, I'm comparing this to Jim Crow.  [Folks under 18] are in effect treated as second class citizens not unlike minorites were up until the 60's.

Wow.  Did you really just play the race card in a discussion about something as simple as the age of majority?

I'm impressed.

Perhaps you can think of a way to work in something about how Nazi-like some seniors are for not letting letting other seniors have intimate relationships with cadets.

That would be just as helpful.

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: Ned on January 27, 2008, 12:05:05 AM
Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 26, 2008, 06:20:00 PM
Yes, I'm comparing this to Jim Crow.  [Folks under 18] are in effect treated as second class citizens not unlike minorites were up until the 60's.

Wow.  Did you really just play the race card in a discussion about something as simple as the age of majority?

I'm impressed.

Perhaps you can think of a way to work in something about how Nazi-like some seniors are for not letting letting other seniors have intimate relationships with cadets.

That would be just as helpful.

No, but Seniors snooping around other people's bedrooms looking for cadets is not only creepy but probably a privacy issue if that person is over the age of 18, cadet or not.

" Skip a bit, brother."

lordmonar

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on January 27, 2008, 03:43:52 AM
No, but Seniors snooping around other people's bedrooms looking for cadets is not only creepy but probably a privacy issue if that person is over the age of 18, cadet or not.

Now you are just being silly.....no one is going around snooping....but if we become aware of Senior on Cadet action.....that is another issue.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FW

Now that we have sex, race and the constitution mixed in with Nazi's on the side, I think we've heard just about everything on this subject. ::)

How much longer are we going to beat this very dead horse before we find its head in someone's bed?  :o

MIKE

Equine heads on backorder.
Mike Johnston