For you paratrooper types....

Started by Flying Pig, September 18, 2007, 03:16:04 AM

brasda91

Quote from: LittleIronPilot on November 10, 2007, 02:06:00 PM
Quote from: sardak on November 10, 2007, 05:41:11 AM
QuoteBelieve me boys and girls, when the President dials 911, the phone rings at Fort Bragg.
Yesterday, William Perry, a Secretary of Defense under President Clinton, talked to a political science class at the University of Colorado about "how close the US came to invading Haiti in 1994."

"Perry, who served from 1994-97, said he was an hour away from sending US troops to the island.  Former President Carter, Colin Powell and US Senator Sam Nunn were in Haiti to persuade military rulers to step down.  Perry said he walked into Clinton's office, heard Clinton talking to Carter..."

"Meanwhile, some Haitian agents saw airplanes taking off from Fort Bragg, N.C., so they telephoned the top Haitian general, who was negotiating with Carter.  Carter got his deal five minutes later, Perry said."
Excerpted from an article in today's Rocky Mountain News

Mike

BTW....it is said that Saddam, during the First Gulf War, was so afraid of the 82nd that he deployed an inordinate amount of firepower at airfields to specifically defend against us.

I guess we are just obsolete though. *shrug*

The Republican Guard were told that in order to join the 82nd we had to kill a member of our family.  He He He...,psyops.....is great!!!  ;D  I sure do miss grandma though... :o
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Trung Si Ma

Quote from: brasda91 on November 11, 2007, 09:46:10 PM
[ ... I sure do miss grandma though... :o

I thought your aim was getting better!
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: brasda91 on November 11, 2007, 09:46:10 PM
Quote from: LittleIronPilot on November 10, 2007, 02:06:00 PM
QuoteBelieve me boys and girls, when the President dials 911, the phone rings at Fort Bragg.
Yesterday, William Perry, a Secretary of Defense under President Clinton, talked to a political science class at the University of Colorado about "how close the US came to invading Haiti in 1994."

"Perry, who served from 1994-97, said he was an hour away from sending US troops to the island.  Former President Carter, Colin Powell and US Senator Sam Nunn were in Haiti to persuade military rulers to step down.  Perry said he walked into Clinton's office, heard Clinton talking to Carter..."

"Meanwhile, some Haitian agents saw airplanes taking off from Fort Bragg, N.C., so they telephoned the top Haitian general, who was negotiating with Carter.  Carter got his deal five minutes later, Perry said."

Mike

BTW....it is said that Saddam, during the First Gulf War, was so afraid of the 82nd that he deployed an inordinate amount of firepower at airfields to specifically defend against us.

I guess we are just obsolete though. *shrug*

The Republican Guard were told that in order to join the 82nd we had to kill a member of our family.  He He He...,psyops.....is great!!!  ;D  I sure do miss grandma though... :o

LOL...really? [darn]...I wish I had known that, I could have increased my stake in the family inheritance!

Johnny Yuma

Mike

1. IIRC, the Brigade on alert for this drop was only given half their combat load of ammo because Clinton didn't want to hurt the Haitians feelings of self worth or some other load of Bovine excrement.

2. What kind of moron sends 2 of our nation's finest statesmen (plus a former president) ahead of an intended invasion anyway? Seems like an effective way of getting 3 people kidnapped and/or killed.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

flyguy06

Ihavent read through this entire thread. But I am sure its been posted. Have you all seen the jumpmaster dance video yet?

flyguy06

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on November 18, 2007, 03:52:20 AM

Mike

1. IIRC, the Brigade on alert for this drop was only given half their combat load of ammo because Clinton didn't want to hurt the Haitians feelings of self worth or some other load of Bovine excrement.

2. What kind of moron sends 2 of our nation's finest statesmen (plus a former president) ahead of an intended invasion anyway? Seems like an effective way of getting 3 people kidnapped and/or killed.

There couldnt be a thread without making some political statement could there? I was enjoying this thread until I read that

Falshrmjgr

Quote from: flyguy06 on November 18, 2007, 05:07:59 PM

Mike

There couldnt be a thread without making some political statement could there? I was enjoying this thread until I read that

Minus the pejorative, I don't really think that was a political statement, just an opinion that risking those persons was a highly risky proposition that could have had tactical and strategic consequences.  I personally thought it was monumentally stupid at the time.
Jaeger

"Some say there are only wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs in the world.  They forget the feral sheep."

flyguy06

Quote from: Falshrmjgr on November 20, 2007, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: flyguy06 on November 18, 2007, 05:07:59 PM

Mike

Minus the pejorative, I don't really think that was a political statement, just an opinion that risking those persons was a highly risky proposition that could have had tactical and strategic consequences.  I personally thought it was monumentally stupid at the time.

And I could make the observation from personalexperience of what I went through in 2005-2006

Stonewall

Quote from: flyguy06 on November 21, 2007, 10:57:52 PM
And I could make the observation from personalexperience of what I went through in 2005-2006

And what was that?
Serving since 1987.

flyguy06

WAR. Which i have no problem with generally. i just think the one we are currently in . The one I participated in is uncalled for. But that doesnt matter and I dont want to get into a pro or anti war discussion because its irrelevant.  I do my job to the best of my ability and thats that