Main Menu

New NHQ Job Posting

Started by JeffDG, January 13, 2014, 04:07:28 PM

ZigZag911

Quote from: flyer333555 on January 18, 2014, 09:14:54 PM
At the beginning what you stated re police commissioners may be true but look the history of the rest. Those not prior police were/are resented by the rank and file  just as Eclipse stated.

However this does not change my point. Which is a criticism of the belief that just because you are prior military all of a sudden you are ready to apply those years of military leadership skills to a volunteer organization.

Paid police and NYPD are uniformed services and are more akin to the military.

Now find me an example of a military officer with a successful career leading a volunteer fire department, and will change my tune...

>:D

Flyer

How about a career MP officer or senior NCO (E-7 or above)?

ZigZag911

On another note, I sincerely doubt that anyone who has served recently at CAP-USAF will either apply or be appoint as National Commander.

I say this because, WIWAC, the National CC was a serving Air Force officer...for various reasons, including budget, USAF and CAP got away from that model...as we did with wing liaison officers/LNCOs, who became state directors and assistants, who then more or less disappeared.

Could the next National CC be a retired AF officer or NCO?  Yes...but I'd suspect that individual would have significant, current experience as a CAP volunteer.

Of course, I've been wrong before!