Main Menu

New E-Services

Started by lordmonar, April 05, 2012, 05:18:38 PM

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on April 06, 2012, 12:34:53 AMI haven't found anything different yet other than the sing-in page and the main menus, which just look like they are framed differently.
Poorly worded, what I was eluding to was what you mentioned that probably wasn't going to make the cut yet, with the SQTRs and participation. I failed miserably at completing the thought.

Eclipse

Roger - my living room is ankle deep with wax from the candles I have lit praying for that upgrade...

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

The mobile version is a nice feature.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SarDragon

You're the second person to mention a mobile site. Where did you find that?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Seems they have it set up to detect mobile browsers. Make sure your browser identifies as a mobile browser.

Edit: Seems sorta dumb to switch half the site over to a more modern looking theme, and leave the other half...

Btw, capmembers now has a banner display when you are logged onto eservices.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on April 06, 2012, 05:56:01 AMSeems they have it set up to detect mobile browsers. Make sure your browser identifies as a mobile browser.
Yup. Automagic.

QuoteEdit: Seems sorta dumb to switch half the site over to a more modern looking theme, and leave the other half...
Patience my young padawan ... it's not done yet. 5 days of withdrawal was enough for most people, now that they have us hog tied to this thing..
QuoteBtw, capmembers now has a banner display when you are logged onto eservices.
... actually, it's to login/out from, too. They're doing the nice thing and bringing all this stuff together. I just wish that stupid hokey sorry excuse SiteViz CMS would go the hell away. Far away. Who got suckered into that garbage.

davedove

Quote from: Eclipse on April 06, 2012, 12:34:53 AM
... other than the sing-in page ...

Can you access the page if you're a little pitchy? >:D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

EMT-83

Quote from: davedove on April 06, 2012, 11:38:36 AM

That's the new voice-actuated login: an undocumented, but valuable, enhancement.

Extremepredjudice

QuoteBtw, capmembers now has a banner display when you are logged onto eservices.
... actually, it's to login/out from, too. They're doing the nice thing and bringing all this stuff together. I just wish that stupid hokey sorry excuse SiteViz CMS would go the hell away. Far away. Who got suckered into that garbage.
That is what i meant

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Larry Mangum

Some areas appear to still not be working after the upgrade however:

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.eServices.Web/Down_NoNav.aspx

That is the page that pops up when you attempt to access Member Services off the restricted menu.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

RogueLeader

Quote from: davedove on April 06, 2012, 11:38:36 AM

I can't carry a tune in a 5 gallon bucket.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Fubar

The move from .mil to .gov seems more than just cosmetic to me, the note references physically moving servers. It could be CAP had servers on the Air Force's network that they want to move in-house or perhaps the Air Force was hosting and managing WIMRS and the testing stuff - and now CAP is assuming those responsibilities. Anybody know the motivation behind the change?

usafcap1

i personally don't like it. I think it looked better and WAY more professional before.
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

SarDragon

Diff strokes for diff folks.

I mostly like it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: usafcap1 on April 10, 2012, 04:43:39 AM
i personally don't like it. I think it looked better and WAY more professional before.
It looked like1995. Now it looks like 2010.

Quote from: SarDragon on April 10, 2012, 05:13:16 AM
Diff strokes for diff folks.

I mostly like it.

It is okay, overall

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Jordan

Quote from: arajca on April 05, 2012, 07:29:02 PM
Speaking of change and new CAP computer systems...

Quote from: John DesmaraisCommanders, please share this with your subordinates.  We have copied your DOs, DOSes, DOVs, CDOs and DCs, but encourage further dissemination of this important information, and have also posted it in e-services and WMIRS.

The web servers located at the National Technology Center (NTC) are moving to CAP NHQ (Maxwell AFB, AL) on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.  This will be done in two stages. 

First, the online testing system will be taken down on Monday, 9 April, at 6:00 AM EDT.  The tests affected will be:

Online Testing?  How does that work during meetings?

I bet I logged onto EServices 20 times the entire time I was a member and now people need to access it using their phones.  It sounds like things have really changed.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Jordan on April 19, 2012, 04:49:07 AM
Quote from: arajca on April 05, 2012, 07:29:02 PM
Speaking of change and new CAP computer systems...

Quote from: John DesmaraisCommanders, please share this with your subordinates.  We have copied your DOs, DOSes, DOVs, CDOs and DCs, but encourage further dissemination of this important information, and have also posted it in e-services and WMIRS.

The web servers located at the National Technology Center (NTC) are moving to CAP NHQ (Maxwell AFB, AL) on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.  This will be done in two stages. 

First, the online testing system will be taken down on Monday, 9 April, at 6:00 AM EDT.  The tests affected will be:

Online Testing?  How does that work during meetings?

I bet I logged onto EServices 20 times the entire time I was a member and now people need to access it using their phones.  It sounds like things have really changed.

When the internet was invented, it changed things.  It's probably here to stay.

E-Services has come a long way since 1998, and it keeps track of a bunch of things.  Assets are tracked, reports are submitted, personnel records are kept in there, etc.  The online testing is for things like ES qualifications, Cadet Promotions, etc.  The advantage of online testing is that it doesn't need to be at the meetings, so you can do it at home at your convenience.

As for the phones, it allows our members to be more mobile, approve things from remote locations, etc.  The idea of E-Services is a good thing.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

cm42

Have any testing officers out there received the online testing notification email since this all went through (~April 1)?

bflynn

Quote from: Fubar on April 07, 2012, 02:54:15 AM
The move from .mil to .gov seems more than just cosmetic to me, the note references physically moving servers. It could be CAP had servers on the Air Force's network that they want to move in-house or perhaps the Air Force was hosting and managing WIMRS and the testing stuff - and now CAP is assuming those responsibilities. Anybody know the motivation behind the change?

A pure guess, but it could be budget related.  CAP is the AF Aux, but that doesn't mean the AF has to give us computers to run our webservers.  It's also possible there are policy or security differences that mean it's better for everyone for us to have our own servers.    I can't think of other reasons - but these are not negative.  Maybe some combination of the above.

We are not the military, we don't gain or lose by having a .mil address.

MSG Mac

Quote from: cm42 on April 19, 2012, 10:53:36 AM
Have any testing officers out there received the online testing notification email since this all went through (~April 1)?

Yes
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member