Main Menu

New E-Services

Started by lordmonar, April 05, 2012, 05:18:38 PM

lordmonar

It's up and looks different.....just logging on now to see what changes they made.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Looks mostly cosmetic to me so far.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Some files are still not available
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NCRblues

It looks all cosmetic to me. New colors and log in page, but I see very little difference in the functions at all.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

Could someone please increase the timeout?  I have to re-log into he ting about 10 times a day.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Totally down right now.

Eclipse - Clearly you haven't shown enough dedication to CAP and that's what eServices is telling you. It expects you to be on it every 5 minutes all day! >:D

a2capt

Only 10?
QuoteUnexpected Error
An error has occured in this application. All information about this error has been logged and the support team has been notified of the error.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Return to eServices
I just hope this isn't another Web 2.0 gone extreme disaster. ...and that this Mr. Magoo sized font on the sidebars isn't going to become an epidemic.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 05, 2012, 06:44:53 PM
Totally down right now.

Eclipse - Clearly you haven't shown enough dedication to CAP and that's what eServices is telling you. It expects you to be on it every 5 minutes all day! >:D

Well...sometimes I have to flip over to this tab...

(I have the same error above, although likely unrelated, it's seems as Twitter is hosed right now as well, and Gmail has had a head cold the last couple of daysl...)

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2012, 06:58:24 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 05, 2012, 06:44:53 PM
Totally down right now.

Well...sometimes I have to flip over to this tab...

(I have the same error above, although likely unrelated, it's seems as Twitter is hosed right now as well, and Gmail has had a head cold the last couple of daysl...)

Website pandemic? >:D

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 05, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

Probably not, but this is how these things take shape - little access issues here and there that start to compound.

"That Others May Zoom"

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 05, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

As long as CAP Talk survives, we will all be OK!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

We can just use the "Bragging Rights" thread to track qualifications!

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Speaking of change and new CAP computer systems...

Quote from: John DesmaraisCommanders, please share this with your subordinates.  We have copied your DOs, DOSes, DOVs, CDOs and DCs, but encourage further dissemination of this important information, and have also posted it in e-services and WMIRS.

The web servers located at the National Technology Center (NTC) are moving to CAP NHQ (Maxwell AFB, AL) on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.  This will be done in two stages. 

First, the online testing system will be taken down on Monday, 9 April, at 6:00 AM EDT.  The tests affected will be:

• Spaatz Testing
• Senior Specialty Track Exams
• Aerospace Education Program for Senior Members (Yeager) Exam
• Cadet Orientation Quiz (Glider)
• CAP Basic Instructor Course Exam
• CAPP 221 (A, B, & C) End of Course Exams
• CAPT 116 General Emergency Services (GES) Exam
• CAPT 117 ES Continuation Education Exam Parts 1 – 3
• FRO On-line Course Exam
• GA-8 Course Exams
• Maule Familiarization Course Exams
• NCPSC – Glider Exam
• Satellite Digital Imaging System Exam
• Skills Evaluator Training Exam
• SSF/CAP Tow Pilot Course
• Wing Runner Test

Second, the remaining NTC web systems (WMIRS, Communications, NESA Registration, etc.) will be taken down at 12:01 AM EDT, 11 April.  Once all the data is moved and the systems are tested, they will be put back online and links in eServices to the new locations will be updated.  The new web addresses (URL) will be:

https://missions.cap.af.mil/ will become https://missions.capnhq.gov

https://tests.cap.af.mil/ will become https://tests.capnhq.gov

All pages at https://ntc.cap.af.mil/ will move to https://missions.capnhq.gov/ except the Communications pages.  The Communications pages will be at https://comm.capnhq.gov/.

All systems should be online by noon EDT on Wednesday, 11 April 2012.  We will work with the AFRCC and 1st Air Force to be sure they have the current alert rosters for all wings and missions will continue during this time.  Questions should be directed to the National Operations Center at 888-211-1812 ext. 300 or opscenter@capnhq.gov.

v/r

John D.
JOHN W. DESMARAIS, Sr.
Deputy Director of Operations
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters

Spaceman3750

There goes the last remnants of .mil. How long until everything goes to ilovecap.biz?

Extremepredjudice

Annnnd CT went down with a server error... (HTTP 500 code)

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

*.af.mil/ will become .. :( ..capcares.com!!  :P

Look at the one positive thing to some people.
No more self signed certificates ...

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: a2capt on April 05, 2012, 08:00:47 PM
*.af.mil/ will become .. :( ..capcares.com!!  :P

Look at the one positive thing to some people.
No more self signed certificates ...

Have you seen the "The US Navy, a global force for good" ads?

a2capt

No, actually. Other than what's on the web, inserted into news clips, and the military ads don't seem to be that popular in those realms.

Digging around eServices, if monitors required ink, the amount of huge text, bold fonts and dark colors would make it an expensive site to visit.

Whatever, if it makes them happy, and allows us to track stuff easier, like I see ES ratings in the achievements section now,  then great. As long as they don't go horridly crazy.

I'd like to see the Flash dependence die off, actually. But some zealot will claim "test security" is why it's got to be there. It's almost as bad as Active X dependence. Good thing site developers and IT departments are starting to realize that sucks. 

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on April 06, 2012, 12:28:02 AMWhatever, if it makes them happy, and allows us to track stuff easier, like I see ES ratings in the achievements section now,  then great. As long as they don't go horridly crazy.

Unless we're talking about two different things, they've been in there a long time, like years.

I haven't found anything different yet other than the sing-in page and the main menus, which just look like they are framed differently.

"That Others May Zoom"

SamFranklin

A cosmetic improvement, sure, but a good one and step in the right direction.

I hope that in 6 months they get some people together and discuss whether the presentation of the major links is working as well as someone intended.