Main Menu

CAPF 341

Started by Extremepredjudice, January 13, 2012, 06:55:11 AM

AngelWings

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 13, 2012, 06:55:11 AM
Has anyone used 341s for their squadron? Or have you heard about people using them?

How did it work out, and do you think it is a good idea to use them?

For both cadets and seniors, how does it differ? Is it more effective for seniors? Cadets? Or is it the same?
My squadron used to. They worked pretty good. It felt good to be recgonized for having a great uniform or for showing abnormal excellence.

ZigZag911

Our encampment solution to "I don't have a 341" was to issue a supply to tac officers, who could provide to cadet staff on request.

Avoided cadet staff going overboard because they had a limitless supply in their pockets (they didn't) but kept the basics from working oldest dodge in the book!

lordmonar

Quote from: ZigZag911 on January 14, 2012, 08:11:51 PM
Our encampment solution to "I don't have a 341" was to issue a supply to tac officers, who could provide to cadet staff on request.

Avoided cadet staff going overboard because they had a limitless supply in their pockets (they didn't) but kept the basics from working oldest dodge in the book!
I was not saying it was a dodge....I was just saying I can't get my cadets to remember to bring their CAPID, their books and a note book and pen each week.  The concept of having them to keep two 341's on them at all times.....just isn't going to work.

Now at encampment.....you don't run into that too often....except the cadet who has already got two pulled and has not had a chance to restock.

Either way......341's lead to a merit/demerit system......okay all well and good.....so is there a prize or a punishment at the end of the day/week/month?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ZigZag911

I suppose it could be used for cadet of the month or whatever...I still think it is overly bureaucratic for use at the local unit.

HGjunkie

My unit used to use 341's to keep track of cadets during meetings.

Notice how I used the past tense of "use" in that. Basically, it boiled down to me writing 3-4 of the things every meeting for cadets, which took a bit of time and kept me from actually watching over them like I was supposed to. It was okay for keeping problem cadets in check, but we don't have problem cadets anymore and we've been fine without them. The review boards are better than just using 341s, but the idea was to keep 341's in the file for the review boards. But, because of how small our squadron is, that didn't make too much sense.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF