Staff Selection: What to Expect???

Started by SemperVigHooah, April 01, 2019, 07:11:15 PM

SemperVigHooah

Hello, friends, just wondering what to expect of staff selection at INWG encampment since I'm going on Apr 12th. What to expect, as in what they will do, what they will look at, and what I should know. If any tips are available, please give them. Outside wing experience is also welcome.

- C/TSgt Jim 'Jimboi' Lahaie

Slim

I have it on pretty good authority that you will take part in an interview with the senior command staff and cadet commander, a drill eval, physical training, uniform inspections, and a written test of general CAP knowledge.  All of which you should be well prepared for, given your current grade.

Otherwise, I wouldn't look to anyone to give you minute by minute specifics or anything else.  Wouldn't want anyone to have an unfair advantage by having too much advanced knowledge.

You should also be aware that seeking out too much info has the potential to make you a pretty bright target on certain peoples radar.

Slim

Anarchy_101

It really depends on the wing I know that for Minnesota you have to do drill, and sit leads, and TLPs, and the exec staff watches you to see if you're professional enough for it. Just remember if you wouldn't do it in front of your parents don't do it there. If you do make it you're going to have so much fun on staff and I wish you the best of luck.

From,
C/CMSgt Hunter Ruhl
Alpha Flight Commander
St.Cloud Composite Squadron

Kayll'b

C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Anarchy_101 on November 12, 2019, 05:20:34 PM
It really depends on the wing I know that for Minnesota you have to do drill, and sit leads, and TLPs, and the exec staff watches you to see if you're professional enough for it. Just remember if you wouldn't do it in front of your parents don't do it there. If you do make it you're going to have so much fun on staff and I wish you the best of luck.

From,
C/CMSgt Hunter Ruhl
Alpha Flight Commander
St.Cloud Composite Squadron

You responded to a post from April...

SemperVigHooah

Yeah, pretty old thread, lol.

How about we bid this one adieu, fellas?