TBM Avenger Crash - Cocoa Beach - April 2021

Started by Eclipse, April 18, 2021, 10:43:18 PM

etodd

No excuse for landing that close to the beach with swimmers on both sides of him. He had plenty of time to glide farther offshore. :(
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

farsightusf2017

Quote from: etodd on April 19, 2021, 12:12:29 AMNo excuse for landing that close to the beach with swimmers on both sides of him. He had plenty of time to glide farther offshore. :(

He was trying to make a runway right over the land and ran out of altitude.

etodd

Quote from: farsightusf2017 on April 19, 2021, 12:14:39 AM
Quote from: etodd on April 19, 2021, 12:12:29 AMNo excuse for landing that close to the beach with swimmers on both sides of him. He had plenty of time to glide farther offshore. :(

He was trying to make a runway right over the land and ran out of altitude.

And if you watch all the videos people are posting from many angles, its easy to see he could have turned left a bit and gone farther offshore.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

jeders

Quote from: etodd on April 19, 2021, 02:10:08 AMAnd if you watch all the videos people are posting from many angles, its easy to see he could have turned left a bit and gone farther offshore.

Maybe yes, maybe no. The fact is that none of us were in that cockpit with him and none of us can judge what could have or should have done at this point. How about we wait for the various investigations to be done so that we can speak with facts and not assumptions.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SarDragon

Here's a different PoV. Don't shoot the messenger; I'm just sharing.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

I did like this info. I clicked the "Like" button. Thank you for posting it. However, normally I would have "shot" you. I do not like to engage in speculation.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Spam

Strongly recommend the link from SarDragon (it is well worth watching the entire post); CAP needs to take notes on this incident and learn from it, IMHO.

V/r
Spam