Main Menu

lapsing membership

Started by star1151, October 01, 2007, 03:30:20 AM

star1151

Quote from: Major Carrales on October 07, 2007, 07:06:32 PM
If you fear being "smacked down" by someone for something said/written/posted...don't say/write/post it.   Or, if you do, take cradit for it.

If I'm afraid to ask people in my own squadron about issues, why would I throw it out there on the internet?  I've already been accused of stepping on toes just trying to get training done, and going on the internet makes it seem like I'm really trying to go around whatever slow path they have me on.  THAT'S why I post anonymously.  I don't want to burn bridges and by stating I'm not ok with sitting around not being let into the group, I think I would be.

brasda91

Quote from: star1151 on October 07, 2007, 07:00:17 PM
Just disappearing to me is incredibly unprofessional

True.  If you do not wish to continue with your membership, you need to let the commander know.  Even if you don't tell him/her the reason/s, but say it's not the best time for you now, then in a year or two, if the squadron has a new commander and you think you want to try it again, the adult staff will not have any negative views because you just disappeared.  I would be hesitant to submit paperwork for an adult who simply stopped showing up at the meetings with no explanation.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011