Ratings in Speciality Tracks

Started by brasda91, September 01, 2007, 03:19:50 PM

brasda91

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 02, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
One thing though.  BEFORE you sign up for the PAO Course take CAP Senior Officer Course CAPSOC (AFIADL 13). It will hold you up for Capt. if you don't get it done in time

That's not a problem since I completed the ECI course years ago, hence my grade of Major.  I'm simply looking to expand my knowledge to be more of an asset to my unit.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

TankerT

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 02, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
Yeah one course at a time.  And,

Actually, you can be signed up for more than once course at a time.  They have to be different classifications of courses though.

For example, you can take the PAO course, and Squadron Officer School at the same time.  You just can't to the PAO Course and the ES Officer Course at the same time.  (I would have to look at what the courses are classified as.  But, SOS is considered Professional Military Education (PME) and the others are from a different category.  (Don't recall which one...))

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Walkman

Quote from: brasda91 on September 01, 2007, 04:36:11 PM
Wish I could count all the years I've already put in!

I'm with ya'! I've been working in the advertising & PR biz for 16 years. My first duty assignment is PAO. I wouldn't mind if there was a way to include my prior years of experience in as part of the reqs. Oh well...

brasda91

Quote from: Walkman on September 03, 2007, 12:50:06 AM
Quote from: brasda91 on September 01, 2007, 04:36:11 PM
Wish I could count all the years I've already put in!

I'm with ya'! I've been working in the advertising & PR biz for 16 years. My first duty assignment is PAO. I wouldn't mind if there was a way to include my prior years of experience in as part of the reqs. Oh well...

I've been a senior officer for 14 yrs and have probably fulfilled the requirements (submissions of articles, photos, etc.) during my membership.  You know, just trying to help out along the way.  Now that I've decided to expand my speciality tracks, it's like starting over.  Well, at least I'm starting now.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011