Ratings in Speciality Tracks

Started by brasda91, September 01, 2007, 03:19:50 PM

brasda91

If you're working on your Senior rating and you have a requirement that you completed during your Tech rating, can you count it?  Example,

For Public Affairs Tech rating submit 2 articles to the media.
For Senior rating submit 4 articles to the media.

Can the first two articles submitted during your Tech level count toward the 4 articles for Senior?  Or do you need to submit 4 new articles to satisfy the requirements for Senior?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

IceNine

No,
  These are "pile on" requirements.  All of the requirements for each level are completely independent of the level below them.

Which means that once you complete Tech rating. You have simply finished one of the requirements for the next level, and nothing more
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

RiverAux

brasda91

So you're saying once you complete one level, the slate is wiped clean, per se, and you start over with the new level requirements?  What if the tech rating says a 12 month internship and then senior says 24 month internship?  The first 12 months don't count toward the 24 month requirement?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I have my Master rating in Cadet Programs, but that was accomplished years ago and I've forgotten the course of action for speciality tracks.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

Yep, you have to do 12 months for tech, then another 24 for senior.  Public Affairs has some, if not the, toughest time requirements of any of the specialties. 

brasda91

Quote from: RiverAux on September 01, 2007, 04:30:05 PM
Yep, you have to do 12 months for tech, then another 24 for senior.  Public Affairs has some, if not the, toughest time requirements of any of the specialties. 

Yea tell me about it!  PA is exactly the one I'm referring to.  Kind of a bummer.  Wish I could count all the years I've already put in!
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Here's another stupid question.  Are there different ECI courses?  I've already completed one, do I need to enroll in a Public Affairs ECI course?  Does one even exist?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

There are at least 4 CAP-related ECI (now AFIADL) courses that I'm aware of, including the one required for public affairs.  It is hopeless outdated, like they all are, but is pretty easy. 

brasda91

Quote from: RiverAux on September 01, 2007, 04:38:46 PM
There are at least 4 CAP-related ECI (now AFIADL) courses that I'm aware of, including the one required for public affairs.  It is hopeless outdated, like they all are, but is pretty easy. 

Yea I'm trying to run down the PA AFIADL course as we speak.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

OK, how do you get authorized to take a course on the air university online website?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

IceNine

Lets back up a little to the time requirements.

Read them carefully as they are the only requirements that MAY carry over.

Most of the time the will say serve and ADDITIONAL (insert time here) at (insert echelon)

If it does not say additional (there are a couple that don't) it is a cumulative amount of time.

For the air university website I am not sure.  you'll need to give me a specific course for me to help you out with the enrollment

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

brasda91

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 01, 2007, 04:55:50 PM

Most of the time the will say serve and ADDITIONAL (insert time here) at (insert echelon)

If it does not say additional (there are a couple that don't) it is a cumulative amount of time.

For the air university website I am not sure.  you'll need to give me a specific course for me to help you out with the enrollment

public affairs.  I tried to enroll as a new user.  It says my ssn, last name and dob match, but I'm not authorized to use the website.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

RiverAux

For public affairs it is pretty clear that each time requirement is separate.  For example, the senior and master ratings both have a requirment for a 24-month internship.  If only one 24 month internship was required it would not have been mentioned in both places.  Hence, you need 12 months for tech, 24 more months for senior and 24 more months for Master.  

brasda91

Quote from: RiverAux on September 01, 2007, 05:00:39 PM
For public affairs it is pretty clear that each time requirement is separate.  For example, the senior and master ratings both have a requirment for a 24-month internship.  If only one 24 month internship was required it would not have been mentioned in both places.  Hence, you need 12 months for tech, 24 more months for senior and 24 more months for Master.  

i guess that's what it means by "inclusive dates"
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: brasda91 on September 01, 2007, 04:59:47 PM

public affairs.  I tried to enroll as a new user.  It says my ssn, last name and dob match, but I'm not authorized to use the website.

The AU website is for AF PME only. Enroll using AFAIDL Form 23 for any CAP-specific AFAIDL courses.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

brasda91

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 01, 2007, 05:08:15 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on September 01, 2007, 04:59:47 PM

The AU website is for AF PME only. Enroll using AFAIDL Form 23 for any CAP-specific AFAIDL courses.

Ok, I finally found it.  What do you think about enrolling in more than one course at the same time?  Is it even allowed?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

IceNine

OK now I understand where we are.

You will need to apply for any PME/CAP specific AU courses through the
AFIADL website

ON the right side click

IMT's and forms (Note: you will need to download pureedge viewer to view/edit these forms)

Click AU IMT 23 and follow the instructions listed

AT the top of the form you will see an email address.  Save this file and send it off to AFIADL.

You will receive a card of enrollment in about a week or 2

and should receive materials in about 3-4 weeks

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

TankerT

Just a warning...

The CAP PA correspondence program... which is a requirement for the track... is somewhat out of date... by which I mean it does not mention computers, but does talk about typewriters and carbon paper...

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

James Shaw

Quote from: brasda91 on September 01, 2007, 05:25:36 PMOk, I finally found it.  What do you think about enrolling in more than one course at the same time?  Is it even allowed?

Not allowed. They will send you a card that tells you that you can only be enrolled in one course at a time.

Tags - MIKE
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

IceNine

One thing though.  BEFORE you sign up for the PAO Course take CAP Senior Officer Course CAPSOC (AFIADL 13). It will hold you up for Capt. if you don't get it done in time

Yeah one course at a time.  And,

A good majority of the ones we are allowed to take have a one year from enrollment to final test time limit.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4