Advanced Grade from Prior NCO Service

Started by DrDave, August 28, 2007, 02:42:44 PM

Skyray

Believe it or not, Chief, I feel your pain.  The time line is blurred because of the media in which we communicate.  And the Glasgow issue had two peaks of activity; one when it happened, and one about six months later when General Glasgow finally saw fit to comment.

Please accept my apology.  After years of association with the Real Military I should have known that the integrity of a Master Chief was something that was well beyond Pineda's ability to purchase; or even comprehend.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

ddelaney103

Quote from: Chief Chiafos on September 11, 2007, 04:22:50 PM
Sigh... It didn't take long for my words to be lifted out of context and distorted.  The snake pit comment was made in context of the vicious politics in this organization over the Glasgow scandal and not to CAP in general, or the membership in particular.  Skyray needs to re-check his time lines.  The dust over Glasgow had long settled before General Pineda's visit to Iowa.  And, after realizing I had been had, I did check the bona fides of my truthful sources and found them impeccable, and beholding to no one.  But of course, no rational explanation will ever satisfy a conspiracy theorist.  I knew when I accepted the job to develop an NCO program that the going would be tuff - anybody have a snake bite kit?  I could sure use one.

Distorted?  Oh, please.

Quote from: Chief Chiafos on September 10, 2007, 10:59:26 PM
I then learned a hash and personally embarrassing lesson about CAP – it is a snake pit, and unlike the Air Force, it has no honor.

Tony Snow would have a tough time spinning that one.

Does CAP have problems?  Sure, but spray painting the entire org for the actions of a few is not precisely "Excellence in all you do," is it?

Learn the facts next time, OK?

Skyray

QuoteDoes CAP have problems?  Sure, but spray painting the entire org for the actions of a few is not precisely "Excellence in all you do," is it?

It is when those "few" are the elected leaders of the organization.  If the organization was as lily white as you paint it, it would have gotten rid of the Southeast Region Mafia years ago.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Chief Chiafos

Thank you Skyray, you are generous.  I am not very good at politics, I've always been an operations guy getting the mission done as best as I could.  As I was fresh out of the Air Force I never dreamed that CAP could be so consummed with politics, or that trying to do the right thing was tap dancing in a mine field.  I was naive.  With General Pineda under suspension I am technically out of a job as I was assigned to the CC.  I met privately with General Courter to discuss my status.  I advised her that as a working group was now assembled for the NCO program perhaps my usefulness at NHQ was at an end.  General Courter asked me to stay on and continue to serve CAP.  I will do my best.

Skyray

Two thoughts:  your best is all we can ask for, and General Courter is a class act.

I am glad you are staying on.  There is likely going to be a major reorganization of the CAP paradigm no matter what the outcome of the Pineda investigation might be, and you will provide us with a little credibility with the Real Air Force.  Being an operations guy is going to help too, it is my opinion that previous leadership has badly damaged operational readiness in deference to cronyism.  From what I am hearing, Iowa is not part of that trend.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Dragoon

Quote from: Skyray on September 11, 2007, 05:07:44 PM
QuoteDoes CAP have problems?  Sure, but spray painting the entire org for the actions of a few is not precisely "Excellence in all you do," is it?

It is when those "few" are the elected leaders of the organization.  If the organization was as lily white as you paint it, it would have gotten rid of the Southeast Region Mafia years ago.

I don't think anyone said it was "lily white."  It's just that many of us don't exactly consider the folks we work with every day to be "snakes."   You did paint with a pretty broad brush.

At the top of the ladder, you gotta choose your words real carefully.