Cadet Advisory Council applications

Started by Color Guard Rifleman, September 20, 2018, 06:41:53 PM

Color Guard Rifleman

I had recently applied for my wing/region CAC. I knew that I was going to no get chosen but I still wanted to apply. What experience/rank would you recommend that I have to apply for CAC? How likely does it happen a NCO is chosen for CAC?
C/SMSgt Murphy Killeen, CAP
2019 MIWG Encampment Squadron 2 First Sergeant
Recruiting NCO

See the source image

Eclipse

Cadets don't generally "apply" to be on CAC, they are appointed by their Unit CC to the body
and then work their way up through the echelons.

Any "application process" would be specific to your squadron or wing.

As to experience and grade, CAC is intended for CAP officers, and moving up
from Group to Wing to Region, etc., generally requires experience at a lower echelon.

NCOs are chosen when a unit does not have interested cadet officers but still wishes to
have representation and happens to have an exceptionally qualified and interested NCO cadet.

"That Others May Zoom"

wacapgh

CAPR 60-1
7.2. Constitution.
7.2.1. Allotment of Seats. Commanders may appoint one primary representative and one assistant to serve on the CAC at the next higher echelon.
  7.2.1.1. Region commanders appoint two Phase IV or Spaatz cadets.
  7.2.1.2. Wing commanders appoint two cadet officers.
  7.2.1.3. Composite and cadet squadron commanders appoint two cadet NCOs or officers. If the unit does not have qualified cadets available, the position(s) may remain vacant.

Or -
Squadron commanders may appoint two cadets (NCO or Officer) to Group CAC. If you do not have a Group CAC, then Wing CAC.
The Wing commander may appoint two Cadet Officers to Region CAC. No option for a Cadet NCO at this level.
Region commanders may appoint two Phase IV cadets (C/Major, C/Lt. Colonel) or Cadet Colonels to National CAC

Also, in CAPR 60-1

7.2.6. Double-Service Discouraged. Because the CAC exists to provide cadets with advanced leadership opportunities, the program should operate so as to involve the maximum number of eligible cadets. Therefore, concurrent appointments to multiple CACs is discouraged. (Example: The wing chairperson should not concurrently serve as the wing's representative to the region.)

So if you are currently a squadron representative to a Wing CAC, you should not be appointed as Chairperson or Vice Chair of the Wing CAC.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Color Guard Rifleman on September 20, 2018, 06:41:53 PM
I knew that I was going to no get chosen but I still wanted to apply.

If you don't think you'll get it, don't bother applying to something. Go in with the confidence that you're the ideal candidate, and sell yourself to that extent.

Quote from: Eclipse on September 20, 2018, 07:12:40 PM
Cadets don't generally "apply" to be on CAC, they are appointed by their Unit CC to the body
and then work their way up through the echelons.

The squadron may have internal applications if there are multiple people interested. It's not common to my knowledge, but not abnormal.