Main Menu

Visit from the Black Van

Started by sardak, April 08, 2007, 06:20:01 AM

sardak

This was in my email tonight.

To: <me>

Subject: Duty Assignment

Date: Saturday, April 07, 2007 13:52:51

Please do not reply to this email.  You have just been assigned to duty position Emergency Services Officer at level (WG)-001 by (redacted). The assignor can be reached at : (redacted)

My unit number has not changed in E-Services, but suddenly I have a stack of requests in the "Ops Quals Approvals Waiting" from the noted wing.

Has this replaced communications at the local level?  Nothing from the commander(s), CS, DO, DOS, or the "assignor," by email, phone or in person.  I think I know what this is about, but why not ask me first, and at least say something to me if it's going to be done without asking.

I had something similar happen before.  One day a new ID card showed up in the mail.  I didn't notice the new unit number on the card until 3 days later.

Oh well, lots of emails to send and phone calls to make tomorrow.

Mike

SarDragon

Welcome to IAOD (In Addition to Other Duties). A member can be assigned a wing staff position without being assigned to the wing HQ. At least a third of the CAWG wing staff is assigned to units other than CA-001. You must be on someones favored list to get this job. Wear it well.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

lordmonar

I had something like that sent to me about a month back...

I showed it to my commander and forgot about it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

I'd say that its more than a little unusual for anyone to do this without speaking to you first.  I know I wouldn't assign someone such a critical position without asking them if they wanted to do it in the first place. 

JC004

I had a member forward me one of those e-mails.  It said that I assigned her as PAO for a given squadron.  I did not, and it happened after I left as Group Personnel Officer and no longer had the restricted application.  This was about 3 weeks ago.

You know...I keep seeing one of these going around my block.  I guess I should load my guns.

mikeylikey

^  I think that is the van that ran over my neighbors dog! :'(
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 08, 2007, 05:55:20 PM

Did it have a tag like this?

RogueLeader

Quote from: JC004 on April 08, 2007, 05:58:52 PM

That's the one that hand delivered a "ceist and desist" letter for selling things that weren't from vanguard.  They are so touchy!!!!
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

You sure it wasn't this van?

From I understand they need a new leader to run the "team".  You must be willing to wear black gloves regardless of the temperature and have a cigar dangling form your mouth as you say "I love it when a plan comes together".
Serving since 1987.

stillamarine

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 08, 2007, 06:53:13 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 08, 2007, 05:58:52 PM

That's the one that hand delivered a "ceist and desist" letter for selling things that weren't from vanguard.  They are so touchy!!!!

Hmm someone should tell them their tag is expired!
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

lordmonar

Quote from: Stonewall on April 08, 2007, 08:01:11 PM

From I understand they need a new leader to run the "team".  You must be willing to wear black gloves regardless of the temperature and have a cigar dangling form your mouth as you say "I love it when a plan comes together".

I don't qualify.  I can hit a target at 10 meters.   :D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

alexalvarez

I saw a van like that in my neighborhood last week. It also had flames painted on the sides.
Ch, Lt. Col., Alex Alvarez
Alamo Composite Squadron, Bexar County Squadron, San Antonio, Texas
Group V Chaplain
Mitchell 1967, Earhart 1967, C/ Lt. Col. 1969
Fifty Year Member 2014

Pylon

Quote from: alexalvarez on April 08, 2007, 11:25:14 PM
I saw a van like that in my neighborhood last week. It also had flames painted on the sides.

Those flames are the vehicular version of "farts n' darts."   Be careful.  If it had three sets of flames....   :o >:D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RogueLeader

Is that the van that has the m-2b cannons on board?  Cause that's what I heard.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

sschwab

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 10, 2007, 05:26:25 PM

No I think it is a ground team, 4 members, a ground team leader, plenty of gear.  The regular military is alway trying to get rid of them.  One problem, it looks like a sunny day, and they have a pilot, so why aren't they in a 182?

----
2LT Schwab
Gateway Sqd.  Missouri Wing

RogueLeader

Quote from: sschwab on April 10, 2007, 07:17:04 PM

No I think it is a ground team, 4 members, a ground team leader, plenty of gear.  The regular military is alway trying to get rid of them.  One problem, it looks like a sunny day, and they have a pilot, so why aren't they in a 182?

----
2LT Schwab
The 182 is down for it's 100hr eval.
And just who or what is the RealMilitary trying to get rid of?  The gear or the GT?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 10, 2007, 07:25:08 PM
Quote from: sschwab on April 10, 2007, 07:17:04 PM

----
2LT Schwab
The 182 is down for it's 100hr eval.
And just who or what is the RealMilitary trying to get rid of?  The gear or the GT?

It's either wind conditions or the fact that one can't get B.A. and Faceman in a 182's cramped interior, especially since B.A. won't fly while conscious. Definite weight limitations too. I would suggest getting the GA8 for this mission.
GEORGE LURYE

ColonelJack

Would you want to be in a 182 with Howlin' Mad Murdoch?????

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

isuhawkeye

hey. 

you might want to slow down.  some of these young kids might not know who you are talking about

arajca

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 10, 2007, 10:39:43 PM
Would you want to be in a 182 with Howlin' Mad Murdoch?????

Jack
Murdoch, sure. At least Murdoch is only annoying. BA, on the other hand...can you imagine the results if he came to whilist at 10,000 agl?