Swiss accidentally invade Liechtenstein

Started by FARRIER, March 03, 2007, 01:59:06 PM

DeputyDog

DNall

I saw that earlier, I loved this line
QuoteInterior ministry spokesman Markus Amman said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed
Your country is invaded by a force half of one percent of the population, and you don't notice, outstanding security you got there. If 1.5 million people came across our border in the night we'd sure as hell notice... oh wait, nevermind.

ZigZag911

Technically this is an 'incursion' rather than 'invasion', which is military-speak for 'driving the wrong way on a one way street'!

Was  the company CC  a Hawk Mtn grad?!?

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: ZigZag911 on March 03, 2007, 06:28:54 PM
Technically this is an 'incursion' rather than 'invasion', which is military-speak for 'driving the wrong way on a one way street'!

Was  the company CC  a Hawk Mtn grad?!?

Naah, NESA  ;D
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

flyerthom

Liechtenstein missed an opportunity. They should have immediately surrendered then applied to the UN and US for foreign aid! Switzerland as the aggressor state would have had to pay up and Liechtenstien would have been up to it's armpits in Breitlings and chocolate for years!

TC

Pumbaa

Didn't Key West FL do the same thing?  I beleive it was during the Boat Lift in the 80's and the 7 mile bridge was blocked.  Key West declared war, surrendered about an hour later and asked for federal funds.. I read about it a few years back.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on March 04, 2007, 10:04:33 AM
Didn't Key West FL do the same thing?  I beleive it was during the Boat Lift in the 80's and the 7 mile bridge was blocked.  Key West declared war, surrendered about an hour later and asked for federal funds.. I read about it a few years back.

Yep... the Conch Republic! Actually, there was an immigration checkpoint at the Card Sound bridge between the mainland and the Keys near Key Largo. Hacked off the Conchs (Florida Keys residents) to no end. Seven Mile Bridge wasn't blocked, but around that time it was the old drawbridge that bottlenecked the Overseas Highway (US 1) with alarming regularity.

<-- worked Mariel boatlift support WIWAC in FL Wing.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

mprokosch11

Now if only we could get Canada to do this, then we have a reason to invade.  >:D
C/Capt Matthew A. Prokosch, CAP
New York Wing
Utica Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-162)