Main Menu

Ryan v. Dorkman 2

Started by RayHayden, March 02, 2007, 04:13:42 PM

RayHayden

There is a little lightsaber duel that has been going around on the Internet for some years, a couple of video professionals (very serious semi-pro folks at the original time I think) made this very entertaining video of a single lightsaber duel, Ryan v. Dorkman.

An Internet search of that title will get you there, but they have produced a new one, Ryan v. Dorkman 2.

The original purpose of the videos was to showcase the skills of the producers, stars of the duel... Not really a CAP topic, but a very cool video editing and entertaining video none the less.

The new one can be seen at You Tube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-is63goeBgc

These folks are tremendously talented, and they had help this time with an orchestra and a new location as well.

There is another link as well:

http://stage6.divx.com/content/show/1137289

This site requires Divx Player, a free player ( www.divx.com ) to see a very high quality version of the video - it was done in 24p (same as movies) as opposed to 30i, like TV broadcast... Divx is an MPEG4 video player / software set. The benefit of it is that it is more efficient than current DVDs that use MPEG2 - so you get higher quality on less space...

If you are a video person or have interest in it, look for AVCHD in the future - some camcorders are being released now and at NAB in Las Vegas in April... it is a format with excellent potential... it recorders to little film cards rather than tape. 8GB memory cards are coming out very soon as well... enough technical stuff for now, enjoy the video, it is very well done.

There is no talking, just the technical aspects of a lightsaber duel and some excellent facial expressions.

Enjoy, best wishes. 

pixelwonk

shorning

Becks

Glad to see they made another one.

BBATW

TJ

Great stuff!  I had forgotten all about these guys. 
Thanks for the tip.   :)