America's Hometown Air Force

Started by RiverAux, July 09, 2007, 02:33:53 AM

RiverAux

So, I'm listening to the radio this weekend and hear a commercial for the Air National Guard using the slogan "America's Home Town Air Force" and I think to myself, "man, why didn't CAP grab that slogan".  So, I prepare myself for a little mini-rant here but before I do I google that slogan and right at the top is this article: http://www.af.mil/news/airman/0397/home.htm from the March 1997 Airman magazine.    So, did the ANG actually steal our slogan?

Some of you cadet guys might note that they've got a stat in their about the success rates of former CAP cadets at the Academy vs the general public..

Al Sayre

It is a good slogan that we should be using.  I wonder if NHQ has mailed the ANG the "Cease and Desist" letter yet...  ::)
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Skyray

Quote from: Al Sayre on July 09, 2007, 04:56:56 PM
It is a good slogan that we should be using.  I wonder if NHQ has mailed the ANG the "Cease and Desist" letter yet...  ::)

You are COLD Mississippi Boy!
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Pylon

So just start using it.   :D

We gots proof we dun used it first!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

Well, technically I'm not sure there is any proof it is "ours" yet.  After all, it was the title of an article in an AF magazine that may have been originated by the author of the article (who was in the AF).  Still, it is a decent slogan...