For the newbies... who is Ray Hayden and what did MG Pineda do?

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 08, 2007, 08:46:03 PM

Nomex Maximus

Hello all,

I am not trying to start up a controversial topic. I am not trying to troll or flame.

I am new to CAP and I am reading / hearing all sorts of wacky stuff regarding the national commander and a person (is he still a CAP member?) called Ray Hayden. I have tried to sort through the posts here and on CAPBlog to no success. Hayden's website seems like it is written by a paranoid schizoprenic and is largely incomprehensible to me. 

Would someone please explain in a neutral two or three paragraphs what is going on here? I joined CAP to fly airplanes in SAR and DR missions as a volunteer - I was not really expecting to find weird personal controversies dogging the leadership. I'd ask the folks at my squadron but judging from the apparent high level of professionalism there, I'd think I might be asking about an inappropriate subject and I really don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

Would someone please fill me in?

Thanks,

Nomex

"In Nomex Maximus"
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Pumbaa

I would try and do a search of the forum first.  Chances are this thread will melt down and be locked and deleted..

Not a good subject.

Nomex Maximus

I have done a search and I can't sort it out.  The whole idea that there is some sort of "CAP counter culture" sort of amazes me as a new member... and I am also put off a bit by the idea that there are subjects I cannot ask about...
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

Major Carrales

Salutations,

We have refrained for such talk here since it is against the terms of service to single out people for bashing.  I have come to understand that that was what was happening here.  I am a FAIR MAN and will just leave that issue to revolve without my further blathering.  But I'm sure someone will fill you in via PM.  

I would, as advice, stay away from the agendistic nature of CAP upper level politics.  You are correct, the issue and events in your unit are the life and breath of the CAP...all this ancillary talk proves more destructive than helpful.

Major Carrales
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Nomex Maximus

I am not asking for anyone to bash anyone. I just want to know what is going on.
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

Major Carrales

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 08, 2007, 08:58:23 PM
I am not asking for anyone to bash anyone. I just want to know what is going on.

Posts on this issue end up being bashing in that there is lots of "polarity" on the matter.  The topic ends up locked...it is likely better is a MODERATOR sums it up for you as OBJECTIVELY as possible.

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Major Carrales on July 08, 2007, 09:01:13 PM
Posts on this issue end up being bashing in that there is lots of "polarity" on the matter.  The topic ends up locked...it is likely better is a MODERATOR sums it up for you as OBJECTIVELY as possible.

Then please would a moderator fill me in?

--Nomex
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Camas

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 08, 2007, 08:58:23 PM
I just want to know what is going on.
Why do you want to know what's going on?  I've been in CAP for almost seven years and I don't know what's going on  -   and don't care.
Quote from: Major Carrales
I would, as advice, stay away from the agendistic nature of CAP upper level politics.
Wiser words were never spoken.  Great advice for all of us.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on July 08, 2007, 08:46:03 PM
Hello all,

I am not trying to start up a controversial topic. I am not trying to troll or flame.

I am new to CAP and I am reading / hearing all sorts of wacky stuff regarding the national commander and a person (is he still a CAP member?) called Ray Hayden. I have tried to sort through the posts here and on CAPBlog to no success. Hayden's website seems like it is written by a paranoid schizoprenic and is largely incomprehensible to me. 

Would someone please explain in a neutral two or three paragraphs what is going on here? I joined CAP to fly airplanes in SAR and DR missions as a volunteer - I was not really expecting to find weird personal controversies dogging the leadership. I'd ask the folks at my squadron but judging from the apparent high level of professionalism there, I'd think I might be asking about an inappropriate subject and I really don't want to get off on the wrong foot.

Would someone please fill me in?

Thanks,

Nomex

"In Nomex Maximus"

Ok Ray.............We all know it is you Mr Hayden.  I knew it from just looking a tthe thread subject.  Why do you keep coming here?  HAve you not already caused embarasment for you, your family, and this fine organization.  I am sick of you, and the slanderous lies that you throw around.  Anyone who leads off a new topic with the words; Ray or Hayden is IN FACT RAY HAYDEN. 

Go sell your crap somewhere else. 

What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Mike Johnston