An Onslaught for the Missions of CAP

Started by Major Carrales, July 07, 2007, 06:11:13 AM

Major Carrales

An Onslaught for the Missions of CAP...

What is your unit going for the Summer?

In Corpus Christi we are growing our Cadet Program (Added 7 in the last three months) and our Aviation is really developing. 

We are looking to qualify more pilots and start to revamp our Emergency Services via the ground and COMM sectors.

I plan to post lots more here in the next six months.  What up in your neck of the woods?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Pumbaa

We are adding 2 additional pilots in our squadron, and hopefully in our group have 3 CD qualified and approved pilots shortly.  We are also trying to make sure that our CD is staffed out as that seems to be the only thing we get called for in this area of NY. I am seeking a waiver so I can go CD early.  Due to my DoD clearance and a few other things, hopefully that'll help.  CD is keeping busy!  Our current pilot is clamoring for more help.

Squadron wise: We are emphasising Aerospace as well as Cadet Activities/ training. Right now ES training is once a month.  Since we are not called out in NY, we are not over emphasising, besides the cadets seem to not be interested in this squadron, where one an hour 1/2 away are. But again they are never called out.  Amazing the personality difference of squadrons.

Our squadron has been busy the last few weeks with an Airshow, Parades, of course the memorial day activities earlier.

My focus as PAO is to continue to get the word out. Writing more CAP related human interest stories/ releases and meeting with local media. I also worked for Wing for the NER SAR COMP as well as group for the Air Show last week.

My last year was getting the squadron and group webs going, and resurrecting the squadron newsletter. Establishing the press release cycle.

Now my focus for the next few months will be working on raising funds for the squadron though local corporations and their local benevolent/non profit support.  I've actually done pretty well right out the chute. I brought in more $$ in one day than we did the previous 2 years!

Oh yeah I do have the PAO website and forums I built that I need to officially open one day as it is just sitting there languishing.

ETA:  Sparkey, How are you doing with all the rain in your area?

Major Carrales

Quote from: 2d Lt FAT and FUZZY on July 07, 2007, 10:19:15 AM

Oh yeah I do have the PAO website and forums I built that I need to officially open one day as it is just sitting there languishing.

ETA:  Sparkey, How are you doing with all the rain in your area?

I've been "talking up" the idea of your website to a few people.

As for rain, it finally stopped.  We don't live in a flood area, but we did have to cancel the meeting in Corpus Christi proper because of street flooding.   I've been caught in street flooding in Corpus before,  it's not pretty.  It does drain, but if you get caught on the streets in your car...oy!!!

They sometimes call Corpus Christi the "Naples of South Texas,"  during times like this it's more like Venice.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Tubacap

My personal CAP mission this summer is to start up a new squadron.  I have my initial meeting of 15 officers this Thursday, and a cadet openhouse with hopefully 12 potential recruits coming plus show ups at the door.  We have a meeting place, and a mission, and we are well on the way to getting started.  It is definitely a lot of ground pounding, but I now have a lot of contacts in the area!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001