The CAP Constitution & Bylaws, U.S.C., and "U.S. Civil Air Patrol"

Started by Eagle400, July 01, 2007, 07:37:51 PM

lordmonar

Quote from: 12211985 on July 02, 2007, 03:06:55 AM
Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 02:26:53 AM
...(no fair saying "Hey, they're not following regs, why should I?)

But that is exactly the precedent that has been set by Pineda, the NEC, and the BoG by not changing the Constitution & Bylaws and U.S.C. before changing the name of the organization.

Face it: these people are hypocrites.  They get so bent out of shape when someone in the rank and file of the organization doesn't follow the regulations, but it's no sweat off their back when they do it themselves. 

So quit....and shut up already!

If you don't like the leadership of the organisaiton....either take an active role in try to change it or quit.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eagle400

You know Capt Harris, you seem to think that it is my sole purpose in life to make you happy.  Well guess what: it ain't!

You're not in charge of me, you're not even my mother... so maybe it's not me who should shut up.

I've got 16 months before I will rejoin CAP.  I'm sure you can hold on and keep your panties out of a knot before then.

pixelwonk

Eclipse

Quote from: 12211985 on July 02, 2007, 04:53:27 AM
You know Capt Harris, you seem to think that it is my sole purpose in life to make you happy.  Well guess what: it ain't!

You're not in charge of me, you're not even my mother... so maybe it's not me who should shut up.

I've got 16 months before I will rejoin CAP.  I'm sure you can hold on and keep your panties out of a knot before then.

Sooo...I'm assuming you never got that window open, then?

"That Others May Zoom"

Eagle400

Quote from: Eclipse on July 02, 2007, 05:36:18 AMSooo...I'm assuming you never got that window open, then?

[Redacted]

ColonelJack

Quote from: 12211985 on July 02, 2007, 03:06:55 AM
Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 02:26:53 AM
...(no fair saying "Hey, they're not following regs, why should I?)

But that is exactly the precedent that has been set by Pineda, the NEC, and the BoG by not changing the Constitution & Bylaws and U.S.C. before changing the name of the organization.

Face it: these people are hypocrites.  They get so bent out of shape when someone in the rank and file of the organization doesn't follow the regulations, but it's no sweat off their back when they do it themselves.     

Okay, fine ... they're hypocrites.  Total hypocrites.  They all say one thing and then do another. 

You still haven't answered my question.

Why is this issue so important to you?  You aren't a member, and by your own words won't be one for 16 months.  It can't be because you don't want to buy new tapes for your BDUs.  I'm really intrigued why the addition of "U.S." to "Civil Air Patrol" has caused you to become so bent out of shape.

Either I don't get it or you're over-reacting big time here.  If it's the first, please explain to me your reasons -- I would really like to know.  And if it's the second, well ... use your own judgment.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Eagle400

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AMOkay, fine ... they're hypocrites.  Total hypocrites.  They all say one thing and then do another. 
You still haven't answered my question.

Why is this issue so important to you?
Because the precedent that has been set by general Pineda, the BoG, and NEC's incorrect renaming of CAP is a horrible one and now any member can look at these people and say, "Well, they broke regulations, I guess I can too!"

Just because I'm not a member anymore doesn't mean I don't have a voice.  You're not a member, and you have a voice, don't you? 

Perhaps people from national are looking at this page, and I hope they are because I want them to know exactly how I feel.  This is regardless of whether or not I can do anything about it.  In fact, if I were a member now, I'd feel pretty reluctant to try to effect any change because general Pineda likes to 2b members he doesn't agree with.

I predict someday CAP will have a more open-minded National Commander who actually cares about the people in the organization and is open to feedback.  All good things in time.

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AMYou aren't a member, and by your own words won't be one for 16 months.

That's correct, Lt Col Bagley.  Come to think of it, you aren't a member, either.  That pendelum swings both ways in this case. 

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AMIt can't be because you don't want to buy new tapes for your BDUs.
You are correct, sir.  I want to get my degree before rejoining CAP.  By then, I'll have more money to sustain a membership in CAP and buy all the stuff I need.   

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AMI'm really intrigued why the addition of "U.S." to "Civil Air Patrol" has caused you to become so bent out of shape.

It's not the addition of "U.S." to Civil Air Patrol that has caused me to become so bent out of shape.  It's the way in which it was done.  If there was ever a thing National did totally bassackwards, this is it. 

Quote from: ColonelJack on July 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AMEither I don't get it or you're over-reacting big time here.  If it's the first, please explain to me your reasons -- I would really like to know.  And if it's the second, well ... use your own judgment.

Jack

I think you don't get it, sir (or maybe you do by now, I don't know).  You seem to think it is the inclusion of "U.S." in Civil Air Patrol that makes me mad.  It's not.  It's the way in which it was brought about.  No change to the U.S.C. (which requires a vote, among other things), no change to the CAP Constitution and Bylaws, just an arbitrary decision to change the name of the organization. 

They just don't get it.  FIRST you change the documents to reflect a change, THEN you change the name of the organization.  None of this make a change first and then do the correct procedure as an afterthought.     

Pylon

This thread duplicates other discussion threads already in existance on this topic.  Please use the search feature if you wish to continue your discussions there.  Thanks.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP