Deadline announced for submission of candidacy for national vice (5/1/07)

Started by JC004, April 23, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

ZigZag911

Quote from: JC004 on April 28, 2007, 07:26:43 PM
Quote from: ZigZag911 on April 28, 2007, 05:40:55 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 28, 2007, 04:55:37 AM
The CV serves at the pleasure of the CC

Actually, IAW the CAP Constitution & By-laws, the National CV is elected by the National Board (much like VP of United States is an elected constitutional officer, who serves a set term, not at the pleasure of the President)

The CV serves at the pleasure of the CC  The CV is gonna do what the CC says, so if crap goes wrong, blame the Point of Blame, the CC.  There.   ;D

If you're saying that waste matter runs downhill, then you'll get no argument here!

afgeo4

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 24, 2007, 10:40:03 PM
Personally, I'd like to see General Courter continue in the position of CAP/CV.

Jack

Not me. I'd prefer she took on the position of CAP/CC.
GEORGE LURYE

ColonelJack

Well, that is the idea behind her getting another term as CV; if she's CV in 2008, when (I believe) General Pineda's term ends, she's almost a lock for the CC spot.

Now, if what some believe was supposed to happen last year does happen this year, it'll be a whole new ball game when the 2008 meetings are held.

Discuss.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

ZigZag911

Quote from: ColonelJack on April 29, 2007, 04:14:51 PM
Well, that is the idea behind her getting another term as CV; if she's CV in 2008, when (I believe) General Pineda's term ends, she's almost a lock for the CC spot.

Now, if what some believe was supposed to happen last year does happen this year, it'll be a whole new ball game when the 2008 meetings are held.

Discuss.

Jack

In no way is this directed at the present National CC....but existing term limit for that post should remain as it is.....four years is long enough for any individual to be in charge of a national organization like CAP.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I think Nat'l CV term should run concurrently with Nat'l CC.

And I'd like to see the old term limits restored for region & wing commanders (four years, with a possible fifth).

Someone who 'climbed the chain' from wing to region to national CC directly would be in a senior command position for TWELVE years!

That's more than long enough....even if it isn't consecutive.

There needs to be a healthy balance between continuity/institutional memory and fresh approaches.

JC004

Quote from: ZigZag911 on April 30, 2007, 03:22:47 AM
Quote from: ColonelJack on April 29, 2007, 04:14:51 PM

Discuss.

Jack

In no way is this directed at the present National CC....but existing term limit for that post should remain as it is.....four years is long enough for any individual to be in charge of a national organization like CAP.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I think Nat'l CV term should run concurrently with Nat'l CC.

And I'd like to see the old term limits restored for region & wing commanders (four years, with a possible fifth).

Someone who 'climbed the chain' from wing to region to national CC directly would be in a senior command position for TWELVE years!

That's more than long enough....even if it isn't consecutive.

There needs to be a healthy balance between continuity/institutional memory and fresh approaches.

^^ What he said.

afgeo4

GEORGE LURYE

Eagle400

Quote from: Smokey on April 25, 2007, 02:05:47 AM
General Courter may run but the odds of her getting in are slim.  She is not TP's choice and he has been stacking the deck  by replacing wing/region CCs who would vote for her.

Latest word is the PAC Region CC (Col Pearson) who replaced Col Starr just a few months ago may be the next one canned.  He reportedly didn't support the firing of the CAWG CC. 

And people wonder why I'm not in this outfit anymore!  I absolutely refuse to rejoin while Pineda is in command.  When his term is up, there will be a big mess for the next National Commander to clean up.   
To all of you who choose not to go above the squadron level: I understand completely.