New National Commander elected

Started by vento, August 18, 2011, 04:10:35 PM

vento

Just saw a message from CAWG CC.
It is my pleasure to announce the next CAP National Commander elected this morning in Louisville, KY is Brig Gen Chuck Carr.  Gen Carr is the current CAP National Vice Commander, experienced CAP commander at the squadron, group and wing levels and a retired USAF senior non-commissioned officer.

Congratulations to Gen Carr!

Thanks,

Ken

Kenneth W. Parris, Colonel, CAP
Commander, California Wing
Civil Air Patrol, US Air Force Auxiliary

Persona non grata

Why even have an election?   The Nat CC should have just picked who she wanted.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Eclipse

Vento - way to keep up.

It is a little disappointing to think that with 60k+ members, only two people are even interested in the job.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Like that wasn't expected.. :| progression of the chain. If you want to be at the top, start at the bottom.
Status Quo.. lets' go .. another few years of the same thing.

vento

Should have checked the other thread regarding the video stream first. Such is life for people in California with a late start without enough caffeine... yes, very sad indeed that only two of our members stepped up for the job.

Capination

Can anyone elaborate on Gen. Courter's motion to postpone the election until tomorrow? She said that according to CAP Constitution and By-Laws, nominations are accepted on the floor of the NB Meeting and that, since new nominees did not have the opportunity did not follow the procedure to show themselves 90 days prior to the meeting (like the other candidates how did follow the procedure), elections should be postpone for 24 hours so that NB members can become acquainted with the new interested late candidates. The motion was defeated but the interesting part is that, no one stood up to nominate new candidates. So what was the purpose?

Capination

Quote from: a2capt on August 18, 2011, 04:17:21 PM
Like that wasn't expected.. :| progression of the chain. If you want to be at the top, start at the bottom.
Status Quo.. lets' go .. another few years of the same thing.

:'(

a2capt

Quote from: Capination on August 18, 2011, 04:36:45 PMwhat was the purpose?
Stealth campaigns and last minute mud bomb scud runs..
Politics. :)

lordmonar

Quote from: Capination on August 18, 2011, 04:36:45 PM
Can anyone elaborate on Gen. Courter's motion to postpone the election until tomorrow? She said that according to CAP Constitution and By-Laws, nominations are accepted on the floor of the NB Meeting and that, since new nominees did not have the opportunity did not follow the procedure to show themselves 90 days prior to the meeting (like the other candidates how did follow the procedure), elections should be postpone for 24 hours so that NB members can become acquainted with the new interested late candidates. The motion was defeated but the interesting part is that, no one stood up to nominate new candidates. So what was the purpose?

I think the purpose was not for this election (i.e. no dark conspircy).....just a way of two wants of the organsiation.  We want to keep floor nomination and we want to have the chance to vet the candidates before the NB votes.

Personally I think we need to nix floor nomination....but that was not on the tabe this time around.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Capination

She even mentioned "until tomorrow so that we can meet them". It was clearly intended for this election.

jeders

Quote from: Capination on August 18, 2011, 04:36:45 PM

Actually the motion passed, it was all a part of agenda item 4. If there had been a floor nomination, the election would have been postponed for 12 hours. Since there were no floor nominations, there is no postponement, but it is now a part of the rules on electing national commander and vice commander. Also, if there is a floor nomination on national vice commander, that election will be postponed until tomorrow.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Capination

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eeyore

Майор Хаткевич

Is there a vote breakdown, or is it not specified, just announced?

Eeyore

One round of voting was done for him, 38-28 for Col Vasquez.

majdomke

While I'm sorry to learn Col Weiss did not get the nod, I'm pleased that a retired AF SP got it. Does anyone have the breakdown of votes for national commander?

Eeyore

If my notes are correct, Nat CC numbers were: 48-18 for Gen Carr.

FW

I just wanted to say thank you to those who supported my efforts as a candidate for CAP National Commander.  I wish Gen Carr the best and, hope he is successful in moving CAP forward.

As to the way certain members of the NEC "asked" their questions; I can only wish they understood what our Core Values meant.  IMHO, it was shameful.  Now, it's on to "what's next'... ;)

vento

Quote from: FW on August 19, 2011, 10:46:06 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to those who supported my efforts as a candidate for CAP National Commander.  I wish Gen Carr the best and, hope he is successful in moving CAP forward.

As to the way certain members of the NEC "asked" their questions; I can only wish they understood what our Core Values meant.  IMHO, it was shameful.  Now, it's on to "what's next'... ;)

If this was Facebook, I will not hesitate to click a big "Like" (thumbs up).
Best wishes to you Sir as well and thanks for bringing some fresh air into the CAP universe, albeit only for a short while.