Which Squadrons have C206, C185 and Ga-8 Airvans?

Started by jfkspotting, May 08, 2017, 12:16:38 AM

NIN

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 10, 2017, 12:26:21 PM
Did he do a lecture on crosswind? Or was he doing a lecture on hotwind?

The reason you see everybody with notebooks is because whenever the Dear Leader is at one of these things, he's issuing "spot guidance." In other words: the Dear Leader clearly is the *expert* in everything, so when he comes and tells you how to do something, you better write that down!

And don't be seen not writing every utterance of the Dear Leader down, lest you find yourself farming rice in a gulag on the Yalu, or worse.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

jeders

I'm not sure which would be more entertaining to hear, an actual translation of that video or a Mystery Science Theater 3000 style dubbing.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Spaceman3750

So I asked a coworker who speaks a little Korean to take a look at it. He said the gist is "everyone gathers around to witness supreme leader's first flight" but by his own admission he's pretty rusty. He might take a closer look at it tonight.

Eclipse

You're the Dear Leader of the "greatest, most powerful nation on earth" and you cram yourself into a crowded, old Cessna?

If that were me I wouldn't be flying, or flying in, anything that didn't have meal service and a head.

He's perfect, so he can fly whatever he wants.

He should be in Air Force Un!

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/see-inside-kim-jong-uns-remodeled-air-force-one-1685921910

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 10, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 10, 2017, 03:08:07 PM
He should be in Air Force Un!

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/see-inside-kim-jong-uns-remodeled-air-force-one-1685921910

Hey look, more pointing and notebooks. Maybe that really is a thing.

It actually, truly is. He provides guidance on all things because he is all knowing SME.

SarDragon

Quote from: NIN on May 10, 2017, 12:24:33 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 10, 2017, 02:06:08 AM
That's a 206, with four or five people in it. The climb after rotation was really slow. I was in a CAP 206 three weekends ago, with three people, and it climbed a whole lot faster.

Thats definitely not a 206.

You want to watch a 206 climb? [video deleted]

Then what is it? There are five people in it, and the windows look right. There seems to be a difference with the doors, but everything else looks right.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Phillip

Captain

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

Quote from: Phillip on May 10, 2017, 07:41:53 PM
It's definitely a 172.

Well, I checked out the windows again, and I'll buy 172. But it sure looks like there are three rows of people in that plane. And flies like it. So shoot me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Aha!

One of my questions was answered!

But was Great Leader piloting it? When he started taxing, Great Leader was alone. Then they moved away, showed the two or three rows of people but did not show the pilot!

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Phillip

I think what's throwing a lot of people off is that the second row of seats have a high back to them and the people in them are leaning forward.
Captain

Luis R. Ramos

So they are leaning forward to help the plane fly? Did they raise their legs as well?

:clap:
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Phillip

Probably leaning forward to get into the brace position.
Captain

sar_one

For what its worth, I followed these instructions and didn't have the Matrix listed, so I submitted a trouble call saying the directions were not accurate, only to be told I didn't have access to the Matrix and Wing commanders need to approve. Not the easiest thing to explain to leadership why they should spend time approving me just to see where the planes are at...Oh well.

Quote from: jfkspotting on May 09, 2017, 02:15:03 AM
Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2017, 12:54:16 PM
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1805/~/location-and-type-of-cap-aircraft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't work. I'm in the new eservices and maintenance module makes me select a wing and doesn't give types, instead just tail#'s.

Eclipse

Quote from: sar_one on May 31, 2017, 07:06:31 PMNot the easiest thing to explain to leadership why they should spend time approving me just to see where the planes are at...Oh well.

That's because it's information that neither you, nor the majority of the rank and file need.

Those that need it, get it as a matter of their position appointment.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

That looked like an AN-2 in the background, right at the end.

... er, excuse please. That was the "Great Patriotic Seventh Gen Stealth Bomber", to be sure.

Cheers
Spam

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret