Main Menu

eService Test Portal

Started by USADOD, May 27, 2009, 09:59:20 PM

USADOD

I noticed in the Commanders Corner access the eService Test Portal, of course curiosity took over and I had to check it out. But I could not gain access as my regular eService user ID and password was not valid to log in. It looks exactly like eService only that the theme is pink,any ideals?
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

Eeyore

A new color scheme to match another new branding initiative to be announced at the next National Board  :D

Larry Mangum

The eServices Test Portal is where new application or rewrites of application are made available to people who have volunteered to test them.  I no longer do that, but did when I was a region IT guy.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

USADOD

Well I volunteered but how do I gain access?
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

Larry Mangum

Did someone from NHQ contact you after you volunteered?  Unless they decide to use you, I doubt you will be able to access anything.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

USADOD

;) that may be key, I was volunteered and it showed up on eService but never was I selected to be on the Jedi Council.
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

Capt Rivera

Quote from: USADOD on May 28, 2009, 01:13:02 AM
;) that may be key, I was volunteered and it showed up on eService but never was I selected to be on the Jedi Council.

How did you volunteer? Based on previous posts it does not appear to be limited to commanders only.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

CadetProgramGuy

I am the DCC for my squadron, and I have it.  Can't access it, but its there.

**Thought**

Is it for the new online cadet testing?

Capt Rivera

No clue. I'm assigned as the Squadron Deputy Commander and the Deputy Commander for Seniors... Don't have it... 
- Maybe your just special? Ill have to ask my DCC to take a look...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
http://www.grandforkscap.org

IceNine

Commander's by default have access.

Undercommander's corner there is a spot to issue permissions, this gets you into commander's corner and e-services test portal.

If you can view it its because there is a glitch in the system or you were given access by your cc
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

USADOD

well I was granted the commander corner permission by the wsa and cc, and it ask for two(2) participants and I selected myself. Once that was done it showed up but would not let me log in.
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

Maj Daniel Sauerwein

Quote from: RiveraJ on June 01, 2009, 10:45:17 PM
No clue. I'm assigned as the Squadron Deputy Commander and the Deputy Commander for Seniors... Don't have it... 

Just looked and I can't find it, so it may be a limited application.
DANIEL SAUERWEIN, Maj, CAP
Squadron Commander

jeders

Quote from: 1st Lt Daniel Sauerwein on June 02, 2009, 04:38:25 AM
Quote from: RiveraJ on June 01, 2009, 10:45:17 PM

Just looked and I can't find it, so it may be a limited application.

It is a limited application, as pointed out several times. I have access to it as a unit commander, everyone else has to be given access. As far as people with access not being able to log on, I don't know, I just use my eServices logon.

I will say though that there are some good things in there that they're working on.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

badger bob

The test portal in E-Services is exactly that. It is used by NHQ staff to field test programs before deployment. The programs within the test portal are also password protected or require permission to access- the same as the operational programs in e-services. Access to programs is controled by the IT developers at NHQ.

Recently, we used it to field test the updated logistics property control program that will be availalbe this summer.

Data in the test portal may or may not be accurate. Test portal data is kept seperate from the official records.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320