Vanguard Industries is selling AF Appropriated Crap....is this legal?

Started by Timbo, January 10, 2009, 05:10:45 AM

Timbo

Loop at the first picture 

That is a DDR funded shirt.  Now Vanguard in its quest for profit will sell these shirts (which if I am not mistaken are given to individuals attending a DDR Program, or at the very least as a giveaway at an airshow or recruiting booth.  These shirts are free, just fill out the right forms and you can get boxes of them!

SJFedor

What proof do you have that the t-shirt was printed with DDR funds, and not just made by vanguard utilizing their equipment and their stock?

I'm not a huge fan of vanguard either, but come on now...

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

KyCAP

What forms does one fill out to get the boxes of them.  We are planning Public Affairs events for the upcoming year for our squadron and these would be great.   First I had heard of them.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

arajca

They were available through the DDR program, but I've heard that DDR will no longer purchase shirts. For the most current information, though, contact YOUR wing DDR staff.

Eclipse

DDR Shirts were available from CAPMart since they started the program, as was some of the other logo'ed merchandise.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: KyCAP on January 10, 2009, 02:43:53 PM
What forms does one fill out to get the boxes of them.  We are planning Public Affairs events for the upcoming year for our squadron and these would be great.   First I had heard of them.

All DDR requests have to be processed by your Wing's properly appointed DDR Officer.  If your Wing doesn't have one, the program is not accessible to your Wing.

Some of the resources available are subject to limitations such as proximity to an active USAF base, or a reserve base with 100+ USAF personnel.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Major Carrales

"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JAFO78

Quote from: NIN on January 10, 2009, 08:33:42 PM
I think Vanguard is going to start selling these soon, too:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ROFLMAO
JAFO

Pylon

A shirt with the CAP DDR logo does not necessarily equate with a shirt funded by DDR.  I could walk down to the local screenprinter and get shirts made with a DDR logo, too.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

caprr275

really who really cares. Vanguard is a joke however they are handy at national boards to get emergeny uniform parts.

If you dont like them dont buy from them end of story

Hill CAP

Shirts and other clothing are no longer funded by the DDR Program and have not been for some years.

This was a change made before I took over as DDR Administrator for Tennessee Wing at the end of 2006.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

SarDragon

Quote from: Major Carrales on January 10, 2009, 08:06:57 PM
People, let's not start the anti-Vanguard bandwagon again. 

+100

Why don't you just start your own bashing thread and leave other threads well enough alone.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BuckeyeDEJ

Vanguard has its problems, but I think in the long run, it'll be better to deal with them than get some of the made-in-China patches and insignia CAPMart was hawking.

Plus, we deal straight with THE manufacturer on insignia, which means new insignia proposals should be met with more professional-looking execution.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

lordmonar

If I fill out the right form....I can get a free Blues Uniform....does that mean that AAFES and VANGUARD are selling appropriated funded items?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP