Bringing Spouse/Sig Other to Wing Conf

Started by tjaxe, September 12, 2008, 03:42:04 PM

tjaxe

So... I'm going to my first Wing Conference (PAWG) at the end of this month -- attending both the conference and the banquet. <hey, I need an 'excited smiley' here!>

I'm trying to get a feel for how many non-CAP people attend the banquet -- significant others, parents, etc.  I'm trying to decide if I should bring my other half or not.  Although I'm inquiring mostly about the PAWG conference I'd love to hear from people in other wings as well.

Thanks!!
:D

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

Eclipse

If its anything like the wing/region conferences in my area, few, if any, will bring spouses or family.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

The actual conference, I don't think you'll find spouses unless they happen to be CAP members too.

Now, the banquet, I see a lot of people bring their significant others.  It is a good time to spend with them and those you "work" with get to interact with them.  It helps them understand what you do if they aren't familiar.

If I were you and you're planning to go to the banquet, invite your significant other.  Get dressed up and have a nice night with each other.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JoeTomasone

I did not attend the banquet, but since the conference was at Disney, I brought the family along.  They went to Disney while I attended the Conference.   Most of the Conference proceedings would be very, very boring for a non-member.    We did, however, go to breakfast as a family which enabled them to meet some other CAP folks and hear a few war stories.   That helped with the appreciation factor.

tjaxe

I'm definitely just talking about the banquet and not the conference.

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

ThorntonOL

I'm not married and have not brought even a girlfriend, but there have been many members who have brought there spouse with them to the Banquet.  (NY Wing)
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

DC

I have seen tons of people being spouses to the banquet, I have always thought that was part of the idea, to have some interation with family members and all that.

Go for it.

FW

I've always taken my "other half" with me to the wing conf.  She used to go shopping (at the Hershey Outlets) with some other CAP widows during the day and, went with me to the banquet.  Always worked out well. 

RickFranz

The Wings that I have been in (NM, SD and KS) we have had guest come to the banquet.  If nothing else it might be a recruiting tool.  Mostly though, family members of someone getting an award.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Chappie

Quote from: FW on September 12, 2008, 05:28:35 PM
I've always taken my "other half" with me to the wing conf.  She used to go shopping (at the Hershey Outlets) with some other CAP widows during the day and, went with me to the banquet.  Always worked out well. 

Likewise,  my wife has always attended the banquets with me for Wing, Region, National conferences (as well as Cadet Program Conference banquets - CAWG).  She may bail from some of the workshops during the day...but she likes to hang out with our CAP friends.  On a side note...she is a patron member.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

RiverAux

Spouses are specifically invited to our banquets.