What happened to SER Vice Commander?

Started by TopFlight, February 20, 2007, 03:58:53 PM

TopFlight

Just received an announcement, regarding new SER Vice Commander. His photo is up on the Region Staff site, replacing Col. Greene. Does anyone know what happened to Col. Greene?
Maureen Robinson
Southeast Region

SAR-EMT1

At the risk of sounding like the gossipy wife next-door, I would be interested to know what transpired over at SER.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

arajca

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 20, 2007, 05:23:35 PM
At the risk of sounding like the gossipy wife next-door, I would be interested to know what transpired over at SER.
I presume this is related to the "What happened to the SER/CV?" thread. If so, you're too late. You already sound like the gossipy wife next door.

NOTICE: THIS LINE IS OFF-TOPIC. >:D

Please return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

RogueLeader

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on February 20, 2007, 05:23:35 PM
You're not the only one.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

TopFlight

I am geniunely concerned about the replacement of the SER Vice Commander. Did I miss something?
My computer crashed and repairs were lengthy. I'm out of the loop.
Maureen Robinson
Southeast Region

Monty

Jim Rushing from Tennessee is now SER's #2?  I know him....not real well; we shook hands a time or two when I was in Tennessee for a year.......I think he's an educator by trade.  He was just becoming the TNWG/CC back then (I even have pictures of that wing conference when he got promoted.)

Seemed like a friendly guy in the two handshakes we exchanged.....  I know nothing of SER politics so, all I can go off of was that he was friendly to me.

Ladyhawk

Col. Don Greene is a long-time CAP friend of mine.  I asked him by phone this morning if he'd like a reply posted to this this forum.  This is what he told me:

"I resigned my position as SER Vice Commander to seek other service opportunities within CAP. 

I'm also still recovering from a motorcycle accident which occurred in the late summer.  I needed some downtime to rest and finish my recovery."

When I mentioned that Col. Jim Rushing might have been named as his replacement, he said that he had not heard that piece of news but that he has enormous respect for Col. Rushing and believes that he is an excellent choice for SER Vice Commander.

flyguy06

I looked at the SER website and didnt see a new pic up there. I got the same notice on that NOTF website and I dont think its accurate

COL Green was my Group CC when I was a cadet. and my former Wing CC. I didnt know he rode motorcycles too. Cool

Major_Chuck

Just part of the NHQ Open Door Policy.  Nothing to be alarmed about now.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

RayHayden

Rushing and Greene had both been around when I served at SER... both are great people.

I hold my opinion out on the current SER CC though... more to follow???

Depends on the outcome of other things...