Did you know this tranponder code?

Started by c172drv, February 25, 2012, 02:46:08 PM

a2capt

Quote from: JeffDG on February 27, 2012, 10:34:41 PM...and begin a rapid descent at full throttle.
eh??
QuoteThis will guarantee you a very warm reception into the DC area.
Oh yeah..
QuoteFor the love of God, don't do this!  >:D
Now he tells me..

PHall

Quote from: JeffDG on February 27, 2012, 10:34:41 PM
One special procedure that everyone needs to know about is in the Washington DC area.

While on V376 heading north from the IRONS interchange, as you approach the DCA 13nm DME, flip your transponder to 7500 and begin a rapid descent at full throttle.  This will guarantee you a very warm reception into the DC area.

For the love of God, don't do this!  >:D

Not even funny..... >:(

JeffDG

Quote from: PHall on February 28, 2012, 12:53:43 AM
One special procedure that everyone needs to know about is in the Washington DC area.

While on V376 heading north from the IRONS interchange, as you approach the DCA 13nm DME, flip your transponder to 7500 and begin a rapid descent at full throttle.  This will guarantee you a very warm reception into the DC area.

OK, OK...I was going to mention that the "very warm reception" included a tropical vacation of indefinite length if you managed to survive.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JeffDG on February 28, 2012, 01:27:27 AM
Quote from: PHall on February 28, 2012, 12:53:43 AM

OK, OK...I was going to mention that the "very warm reception" included a tropical vacation of indefinite length if you managed to survive.

The security at the resort is even good, which is nice given the neighborhood >:D.

MSG Mac

It's been 40 years since I was there. Still don't miss the Gitmo Palms.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

PHall

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 28, 2012, 01:55:48 AM
It's been 40 years since I was there. Still don't miss the Gitmo Palms.

Gitmo is actually fairly nice these days. No worse then many other Navy overseas shore installations like for example, NAS Sigonella.

SarDragon

Oh, but Sunny Sig has better liberty.   >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret