Main Menu

CAP??? Stock???

Started by usafcap1, February 16, 2012, 11:19:53 AM

usafcap1

Im interest in investing stock and wanted to know if CAP had stock?
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

FW

No stock, just deductible contributions.  Investing time and money in CAP can be rewarding though...

Major Lord

We are a 501 C-(3) non-profit Corporation, so I would not expect much financial return on the investment.....just the opposite actually!  :)

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JeffDG

Quote from: Major Lord on February 16, 2012, 02:40:59 PM
We are a 501 C-(3) non-profit Corporation, so I would not expect much financial return on the investment.....just the opposite actually!  :)

Major Lord
Wait?  What?  I've been dumping money in, and NOW you tell me I won't get a payout! >:D

EMT-83

There goes my retirement plan. Time to start buying lotto tickets.

JeffDG

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 16, 2012, 04:16:35 PM
Does anyone else refer to lottery tickets as the "Innumeracy Tax"?

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on February 16, 2012, 04:20:53 PM

I use a term that is a bit more direct.

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Quote from: Eclipse on February 16, 2012, 04:34:11 PM

I use a term that is a bit more direct.

Yeah, Retirement plan
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

usafcap1

|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

FlyTiger77

Lottery: (n) A tax on people that are bad at math.

Sort of what Jeff said, but he believes one should never use a large word when a diminutive word will do.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on February 17, 2012, 03:42:12 AM

Lottery: (n) A tax on people that are bad at math.

Sort of what Jeff said, but he believes one should never use a large word when a diminutive word will do.
:clap:

Persona non grata

You can by CAP stock or sell it under the bridge.  The very same bridge that I purchased last year from a guy living in a van down by the river.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

a2capt

Wow, that's motivational ...

Major Lord

If we want to create the equivalent of a lottery or dividend paying stock, I suggest we cooperatively  take out term  life insurance policies on  CAP aviators, with the death  benefits payable to the individuals who contribute to the policy, and apportioned according to contributions.  If we limit the purchases to 10 year terms, and take our most elderly flyers, we can all make out like fat rats! A percentage of the benefits could be designated for the family, as a motivation for establishing the death pool ( Not to be confused with the Obama health plan) .....but maybe that would be inappropriate?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."