Main Menu

Tokyo, Japan CAP

Started by usafcap1, October 13, 2011, 09:24:22 AM

usafcap1

my friend says that japan is starting a military and a CAP. and it was is going to be regulated by the US is this true. or false  8)
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

CAP in Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

DakRadz

Also, CAP already exists in Japan. For quite some time. So...

Well, research for yourself. And while Wiki is a good starting point, check out the reference links too- never solely trust Wiki.

Eclipse

Quote from: DakRadz on October 13, 2011, 03:24:22 PM...never solely trust Wiki.

You take that back!

Wiki knows all!  And if you don't agree, you can change it!

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Quote from: usafcap1 on October 13, 2011, 09:24:22 AM
my friend says that japan is starting a military and a CAP. and it was is going to be regulated by the US is this true. or false  8)

Japan tried starting a military once......and yes, we did regulate it >:D

GroundHawg

Ive heard that a few of the Japanese soldiers that were in Iraq around the same time I was were awarded US Bronze Stars for Valor. Rumor as I havent heard anything more than word of mouth about it.

Huey Driver

Quote from: Eclipse on October 13, 2011, 03:26:18 PM
Quote from: DakRadz on October 13, 2011, 03:24:22 PM...never solely trust Wiki.

You take that back!

Wiki knows all!  And if you don't agree, you can change it!

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease_in_colonial_America

Malaria

This disease is a parasite that is found in pizza, which bred more rapidly as virgin soil was broken in the Carolina lowlands for rice cultivation.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

DakRadz

While that is amusing, you do realize he was kidding? And the very argument he provided wiped out his argument and made a joke? ;D

spacecommand

I think your friend has a lot of their facts mixed up.

Japan already has the "Self Defense Forces" which is pretty much their "military" in all but name.  The Self Defense Forces of Japan is regulated through the Japanese Ministry of Defense. 

If you mean a Japanese version of CAP, search and rescue is handled by the appropriate police, fire, coast guard and SDF units.  For aerospace education, Japan participates in IACE (International Air Cadet Exchange) through the Japan Aerospace Scouts Association (civilian organization not tied with the Self Defense Forces).  CAP cadets that go to Japan as part of IACE visit them and Japanese Aerospace scouts visit CAP units here in the US, in fact our unit just hosted some this past summer from Japan.

If your friend meant CAP units in Japan, they already exist as mentioned on US Military bases in Japan.  The Tokyo unit (Yokota Squadron NHQ-103 overseas unit) is located at Yokota AFB which is in western Tokyo. 

titanII

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 13, 2011, 03:45:17 PM
>:D  ;D >:D
No longer active on CAP talk

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 13, 2011, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: usafcap1 on October 13, 2011, 09:24:22 AM

HARSH! But also, I lol'd.