Main Menu

President's Challenge Group

Started by winterg, June 08, 2016, 05:02:05 PM

dwb

Been logging for about a month. 24.47% to Bronze.

I usually only remember to enter my running when someone posts to this thread. :)

My son is a big fan of Pokemon Go, but it's killing my phone battery!

MHC5096

I'm currently 54.36% of the way to the silver award. I've been averaging 15k steps per day. I also snagged the Fitbit New Zealand badge (990 lifetime miles) last week.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

winterg

Great job! Keep it up. 

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

MHC5096

I hit a new personnel record yesterday...50,447 steps in a day which comes out to just a little over 23 miles. I'm definitely feeling it this morning. As of this morning I am 61% of the way towards earnig the silver award.  ;D
Mark H. Crary
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

winterg

Quote from: MHC5096 on July 15, 2016, 11:03:14 AM
I hit a new personnel record yesterday...50,447 steps in a day which comes out to just a little over 23 miles. I'm definitely feeling it this morning. As of this morning I am 61% of the way towards earnig the silver award.  ;D
Outstanding!

Майор Хаткевич

Between MFP, measurements and weighting daily, I'm not really doing the PCG, but finally hit 233 on the scale. Just 20 more pounds to be withing H/W standards!

winterg

Bronze Award completed!  How is everyone else doing?

Майор Хаткевич

15 lbs to go until Blues. I apparently fit nicely at the moment in size 36 pants, and size 43 service coats. :)

THRAWN

Down 2 pant sizes. I'm enjoying being out and doing "stuff" again. Desk jobs pay well, but on the flipside, you swallow a lot of fat pills and pogey bait. I've taken to doing all of my chores during the week, leaving the weekend open for long moonlit strolls along the beach, tracking and trailing in the local, state and federal woodlands and just being away from flourescent light and recycled air...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Alaric

Can I sign up even though I'm late to the game

winterg

Quote from: Alaric on August 08, 2016, 03:12:54 PM
Can I sign up even though I'm late to the game
Absolutely.  It is ongoing.  Welcome aboard. 

Майор Хаткевич

November 30, 2015 - August 8, 2016
I have a chin that sticks out apparently.

Mid November 2015 - August 2, 2016
Best in uniform comparison I have at the moment

These are roughly 275lbs - 230lbs.

Luis R. Ramos

That mug shot ruined my day.

;D

But yes, there is a slight difference in the face. The one in the right seems slimmer.

The photo in the G/W, there is less of a "beer belly."

Congrats!!!

:clap:
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

winterg

You already look better than most members who wear the blues! Well done!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on August 08, 2016, 03:49:53 PM
That mug shot ruined my day.

;D

But yes, there is a slight difference in the face. The one in the right seems slimmer.

The photo in the G/W, there is less of a "beer belly."

Congrats!!!

:clap:

An issue I'm finding is that I don't have a lot of "before" pictures to pull from...because naturally I avoided the camera. So I have vacation shots from right before I started to work on my weight, and some CAP pictures taken against my will. :)

I've been doing daily weight ins/pictures for 4 months now, so I have a huge collection of mugshots, but by the time I started, I was already 20lbs lighter, so there again is the issue of available comparison shots. But that said, I'm at my lowest weight since 2009, so there's progress, albeit slow progress.

MHC5096

Quote from: winterg on August 08, 2016, 10:51:42 AM
Bronze Award completed!  How is everyone else doing?

Congrats on the Bronze! As of this morning, I'm 90% of the way to Silver.
Mark H. Crary
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: winterg on August 08, 2016, 03:57:19 PM
You already look better than most members who wear the blues! Well done!

I could certainly "pull it off" now, but it's a principle thing. For four years I've been harping on those who don't follow the rules. 8-10lbs over? Still over, so don't tell me how "it looks ok".

Plus, it's extra motivation to "get there", by delaying the wear. At this point I just need a blues shirt, and I'll have a working Blues uniform sans service coat (the 42R I have must have been tailored, as it's not possible to button, yet a 43S I tried on fits quite nicely).

Here's my weight progress, with daily data from last 4 months, and stuff previous based on recollections/notes from my trainer:

Right now it looks like roughly 5lbs per month, so I'm 3-4 months away from hitting the magic CAP H/W standard for my height.

winterg

President's Challenge Transition

The President's Challenge Physical Activity & Fitness Awards Program, a program of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, has recognized nearly 70 million Americans of all ages and ability levels for their physical activity and nutrition achievements since 1988. Through a variety of programs, including the longstanding and evolving youth fitness test, the President's Challenge has provided tools and resources to motivate youth and adults to meet the Physical Activity and Dietary Guidelines for Americans.

On August 31, 2016, the programs that comprise the President's Challenge will undergo an organizational transition to better serve the American public. New and existing partnerships will provide additional resources for these programs to improve their efficiency, accessibility, and physical activity and nutrition tracking options. The Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP), Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+), and Presidential Champions programs will continue in fall 2016, while the Adult Fitness Test will undergo a review to ensure it best serves the needs of the public.

Key details on the program transitions:

Presidential Youth Fitness Program (PYFP):  All operations of the Presidential Youth Fitness Program will continue, including distribution of the awards and recognition items. The program provides educators with the necessary tools and information to achieve excellence in physical education through quality fitness education and assessment practices. PYFP operates through a public-private partnership between the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The Cooper Institute, SHAPE America, and the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition. All program resources and information about how to get involved can be found on pyfp.org.

Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+):  The PALA+ program will become a new challenge on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's SuperTracker- a free online tool for tracking daily food and physical activity. More details on this new partnership will be announced in fall 2016.
Current users in the midst of the six-to-eight week challenge working towards completing PALA+ must transition from the President's Challenge online tracker to the PALA+ paper log available on Fitness.gov in English and Spanish, as the online tracker will not be available after August 31, 2016.
New and existing PALA+ users can complete the challenge using paper the logs indefinitely, and may download and print their digital award certificate from the PALA+ program page on Fitness.gov.
Effective immediately, new users will no longer be able to register an account on the President's Challenge online tracker.
The President's Challenge online tracker will close on August 31, 2016.
To receive updates via email when PALA+ launches on SuperTracker, please click here to sign up for the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition newsletter or click here to sign up for updates on the SuperTracker.

Presidential Champions:  The Presidential Champions program will become a new challenge on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's SuperTracker - a free online tool for tracking daily food and physical activity. More details on this new partnership will be announced in fall 2016.
Current users have the ability to continue tracking their physical activity towards a Presidential Champions award on SuperTracker without losing their progress.
To keep their points, current users must download their progress data from their tracker page before August 31, 2016, by selecting 'Export Your Activity' while logged into an account. When Presidential Champions launches on SuperTracker, users will be able to upload their progress to their user profile and continue tracking where they left off.
How to continue tracking your physical activity during the transition:
Before August 31, 2016:  Current users can continue logging their physical activity in the President's Challenge online tracker until August 31, 2016. On that date, the online tracker will close.
September 1, 2016 and after:  Current users must keep track of their physical activity on paper, by manually entering it into their downloaded progress data file, or by using SuperTracker. Creating a SuperTracker account will allow users to save activities and run reports on those activities. Please note SuperTracker will not automatically count points towards Presidential Champions until the program launches.
When Presidential Champions launches on SuperTracker: Users will be able  to enter points earned into SuperTracker and continue towards receiving a Presidential Champions award.
Effective immediately, new users will no longer be able to register an account on the President's Challenge online tracker.
The President's Challenge online tracker will close on August 31, 2016.
To receive updates via email when Presidential Champions launches on SuperTracker, please click here to sign up for the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition newsletter or click here to sign up for updates on the SuperTracker.

Adult Fitness Test: The Adult Fitness Test will not be available in its current form beginning September 1, 2016. Reviews of testing protocols will be conducted and the website upgraded to best serve the needs of the public. An announcement will be made when the Adult Fitness Test has been updated and is available for use.

As part of this transition, the President's Challenge office in Bloomington, Indiana will close after August 31, 2016. The President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition will continue to manage operations of PYFP, PALA+, Presidential Champions, and the Adult Fitness Test alongside its respective partners. The President's Council expresses its sincere gratitude to the Indiana University School of Public Health - Bloomington, for its long-standing support and dedication to advance the health and wellness of Americans of all ages and abilities through their support and administration of the President's Challenge. We also thank SHAPE America, the current co-sponsor, for their support of this long-standing program.

Historical Background
As the President's Council's national awards program, the President's Challenge has constantly evolved since presidential recognition was established in 1966. Initially introduced as the Presidential Physical Fitness Award, the singular award recognized achievement in youth fitness in schools nationwide. In the mid-1980s, the introduction of additional awards marked the next evolution of the Presidential Physical Fitness Awards Program into what became known as the President's Challenge program in 1988. Since then, the President's Challenge has grown to include new awards and new challenges.

Most recently, in 2012, the Presidential Youth Fitness Program was launched to phase out the Presidential Physical Fitness Test. This new program to assess student fitness levels now provides additional tools and resources to ensure students are fit for life. With an evolved approach, fitness assessment has moved away from recognizing physical fitness to providing a barometer on student's health. Based on the latest science and research, the Presidential Youth Fitness Program places emphasis on the value of living a physically active and healthy lifestyle-in school and beyond. Approximately 25,000 schools with an estimated reach of 13 million students are engaged with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program.

For questions about the President's Challenge Transition not answered in this statement, see the Frequently Asked Questions or email Fitness@hhs.gov.

GaryVC

I  just noticed this today, after joining a few days ago. Does anyone have a recommendations of what to do? I thought it would be fun to log my exercise. After struggling to stay within weight limits most of the time I was on active duty, I am good at least at the moment.

MHC5096

I snatched the Silver Award at 2315 last night.  :D

Now on to GOLD!
Mark H. Crary
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)