NESA 07 Sesson 2

Started by lordmonar, July 23, 2007, 12:53:11 AM

lordmonar

Hey Everyone!

I just got back from Atterbury!

Overall it was was  a great experince and I recommend it to everyone.

I met a couple of CT members while I was attending the Ground Team Leaders Course.

If you get a chance you all need to go.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Fifinella

Have you done your 4 R's yet? ;D
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

gotkuksool

No, but I did hydrate  ;D when I got back home. ::)
"The path of the warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying the path. -Richard Strozzi Heckler"

lordmonar

Quote from: Fifinella on July 23, 2007, 04:41:26 PM
Have you done your 4 R's yet? ;D

That is rest, rinse, read, and rest?  Right? ;D

lordmonar

Quote from: gotkuksool on July 23, 2007, 10:53:14 PM
No, but I did hydrate  ;D when I got back home. ::)

:D...now do your debreif...get your 109 signed and then your AAR!

gotkuksool

Lets just say I hydrated a little to much to do any paper work. ;D I am personally taking a vacation from paper work! 8)
"The path of the warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying the path. -Richard Strozzi Heckler"

Fifinella

I must confess, we stopped at U.S. Cavalry on the way home and got more cool gear.  They didn't have the mapcases like Bama's, but I got a *nifty* Camelbak pack for my 24 hr gear.  It might even fit 72, if I get that cool mylar sleep sack.  I'm starting a wish list for my birthday.  (If you ask all your friends & family for SAR equipment for your birthday/Christmas presents, you might be a NESA junkie.)

P.S. - Welcome out of lurker mode, gotkuksool.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

gotkuksool

ladyreferee

Dan wanted to look one more time for map cases at the PX and it took over an hour because of the long line!  Still no map cases though .... ahh, gear envy  :-*

Loved the picture of the your uniform standing by itself, Judy.  I had just about enough time to wash my clothes and iron them before I had to leave in the cap van again!

Let's all keep in touch -  ;D

Cheryl
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

WoodlandSARman

Overall it was a great time. Had a few issues but thats about it.

Sad how I was the only IN wing person there for week two in the ground school and there was only one the second school.

IN wing needs to make a showing

HO-YA Forward command post.
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
IN Wing Central Group ES Officer GLR-IN-224
Former GLR-IN-123
Former SWR-OK-002 - Black Knight Command Staff.
Former GLR-IN-069
NGSAR Basic 2000 - Honor Team
NESA GSAR Advanced/Team Leader - 2001 NESA GSAR Basic -  2007

Fifinella

Quote from: ladyreferee on July 24, 2007, 10:26:34 PM
Loved the picture of your uniform standing by itself, Judy.
For the curious...a picture of NESA field funk.  I took this uniform off, hung it on the bedpost to dry, and found it stiff enough to stand on its own.  No tricks, no gimmicks.  Just FUNK.  :P
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

gotkuksool

:o  who's got the Funk?  :D

WoodlandSARman

Hey Fifinella, i remember you, I was the Team 4 Basic that was a senior member with no grade, IE the CAP tabs.

I have some pretty funny pictures I need developed, like me doing star jumpied when 2 Bravo stole my flashlight.
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
Former GLR-IN-123
Former GLR-IN-069

Fifinella

Welcome to CAP Talk.  Feel free to share embarrassing photos.  ;D ;D ;D >:D (Not too embarrassing, though, we do get cadets here.) :angel:
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

lordmonar

Quote from: Fifinella on July 25, 2007, 11:38:31 PM
For the curious...a picture of NESA field funk.  I took this uniform off, hung it on the bedpost to dry, and found it stiff enough to stand on its own.  No tricks, no gimmicks.  Just FUNK.  :P

The Power of Christ Compels you!

WoodlandSARman

Quote from: Fifinella on July 26, 2007, 03:53:36 AM
Welcome to CAP Talk.  Feel free to share embarrassing photos.  ;D ;D ;D >:D (Not too embarrassing, though, we do get cadets here.) :angel:

Ill get the star jumpies pictures up soon. All the other stuff is halarious but its pictures from 2000 NESA and unless you were there you would deam them retarded.

"Attention all cadets, you have just been voulentered to sweep and mop the bathroom floor!"
A few second later
"Attention all cadets, you are no longer sweeping and mopin the bathroon floor but are no sweeping and moping the shower floor. the drain is very nasty"
Then come to find out the basic XO was on the toilet and started giving oders from there.
"Everyone to the classroom, yes, the voice from the throne has spoken"

WHOS CHARLIE FOXTROT IS THIS????????????????

I would also like to thanks Capt. Harris for the wrong dirrections that had me back at the main gate! I knew my directions were right :P
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
Former GLR-IN-123
Former GLR-IN-069

DHollywood

Quote from: Fifinella on July 25, 2007, 11:38:31 PM

What are you guys talking about funk???  We had ice cold air conditioners blasting us all day long until 8pm or later and then a fresh hot shower before bed every night in our fan blasted barracks..???    oh wait was that just the Aircrew School ???

Just kidding Captain.....   I'm a paratrooper and know all to well about "funk"
account deleted by member

WoodlandSARman

Silly aircrew............

Id rahter have the funk and a local tree then airconditioning and the groups empyt gatoraide bottle.

Make sure that cap stays on tight :D

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best things I heard was at the "command post" from an air crew guy "hey. why are these ground guys so loud SHEESH!"

Because sir, when your radio stops working or the line is tied up you don't have to yell 200 meters across a field, you just turn your head and say hey look over there"

Him: ohhhh good point hahaha
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
Former GLR-IN-123
Former GLR-IN-069