Main Menu

T Shirt for BDU

Started by captrncap, May 20, 2006, 02:17:02 AM

captrncap

I'm looking to get some black t shirts for my BDUs but the collar always stretches out too much and looks sloppy. Can any one tell me where I can find a "tight" fit collar that won't stretch and retain its shape?

MIKE

Mike Johnston

md132

If you are near an AF base you can get one at MCSS or at th BX.  They are sold in 3pk but I'm not sure of the price.

Becks

you could also pick up a black underarmor t-shirt.  cant tell the difference between the two from the outside and the underarmor works to keep you cool at the same time.  Also sold at the MCSS

BBATW

MIKE

Quote from: Becks on May 20, 2006, 02:53:18 PM
you could also pick up a black underarmor t-shirt.  cant tell the difference between the two from the outside and the underarmor works to keep you cool at the same time.  Also sold at the MCSS

Under Amour is expensive though.  If you are gonna spend the coin, at least get the tactical versions with the subdued logos.

I got two of these in brown... Much cheaper than the Under Armour loosegear, and I'm not ripped enough for the heatgear.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

Just a clarification for me:  The regs say that black or brown t-shirts are acceptable underneath BDUs.  The brown should be the more "chocolate" brown, right?  Is the sandy brown even authorized at all?
C/Amn Nelson

MIKE

Army Brown... Not sand or tan.
Mike Johnston

cadetnelson

C/Amn Nelson

cadetnelson

Does anyone know about the t-shirt available from thehock.com ?  The link is this: 
http://www.thehock.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=14&cart=176444 and is near the bottom of the page.

It looks brown, but the text says tan or black.
C/Amn Nelson

Becks

Pretty sure thats standard Army-brown, just miscorrectly labeled.

BBATW

MIKE

Mike Johnston

ncc1912

Quote from: captrncap on May 20, 2006, 02:17:02 AM
I'm looking to get some black t shirts for my BDUs but the collar always stretches out too much and looks sloppy. Can any one tell me where I can find a "tight" fit collar that won't stretch and retain its shape?

In addition to Tuff Neck you could try 2xist brand.  I wear them almost everyday to work (I'm AD USAF) and the neck rarely stretches out.  As a matter of fact, I have never had one do that, unlike with Fruit of the Loom or Hanes.

The sad thing that I have learned about t-shirts in the military is that 'you get what you paid for' and most of the time the more that you paid, the better the product.

Good Names to consider:

• UnderArmour
  • 2xist
  • Tuff Neck*
  • Calvin Klein
  • Champion*
  • C-IN2

Names to avoid if you can:

• Hanes
  • Fruit of the Loom

* - brands I haven't tried, but have second-hand knowledge

//SIGNED//