ECWCS Parka Sizing

Started by DC, December 21, 2008, 09:17:48 PM

DC

How do the sizes for the Goretex parka run? Should I just get the same size as my BDU blouse, or go up one??

Thanks.

Stonewall

I've been wearing ECWCS parkas for about 17 years now and have always worn the same size as my BDU top.  It fits over my BDU top, but most of the time, especially in the field, I'll take my BDU top off and stash it in my ruck sack and just wear the gore-tex itself (with undershirt of course).
Serving since 1987.

lordmonar

If you are going to wear the "bear suit" then you may want to go one side larger on the parka.  Most of the time you will not need the bear suit...unless you live in a Northern Teir state or do a lot of high mountain work.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

Quote from: lordmonar on December 22, 2008, 12:56:33 AM
If you are going to wear the "bear suit" then you may want to go one side larger on the parka.  Most of the time you will not need the bear suit...unless you live in a Northern Teir state or do a lot of high mountain work.

I live in FL, I seriously doubt that I will see temps below 25 or so, and that is COLD down here. Most common temperature range would be in the 30s and 40s..

At meetings it would most likely be the coat over a BDU blouse and a standard undershirt. In the field I would likely do as Stonewall suggested and lose the blouse, and do just the parka over an undershirt, since I wouldn't be likely to take off the jacket for a while.