Main Menu

Cadet Ribbons

Started by A1Steaksauce, March 07, 2006, 11:30:11 PM

A1Steaksauce

I have been told by a "greenhorn" cadet officer that in order to wear an achievement (test) ribbon you must first be promoted to the cadet grade that it corresponds to. I did not think that this was an actual regulation so I consulted my CAPM 39-1 and was not able to find anything stating for it or against it and would love for someone to tell me the "true" regulation.
Thanks

Pace

Check page 5 (right side column) of CAPR 39-3 and chapter 2 (or is it chapter 3?) of CAPR 52-16.
Lt Col, CAP

A1Steaksauce

shorning

Quote from: Auger on March 07, 2006, 11:45:27 PM
What's 39-3?

Probably the reason you couldn't find the answer to your question...

MIKE

Quote from: Auger on March 07, 2006, 11:45:27 PM
What's 39-3?

CAPR 39-3 AWARD OF CAP MEDALS, RIBBONS, AND CERTIFICATES

Quote from: CAPR 39-3SECTION C - CADET PROGRAM AWARDS
14. Cadet Program Awards. Awarded by National
Headquarters to denote the level of achievement in the
CAP cadet program. See CAPM 50-16, CAP Cadet
Training Program, for a complete program description
and administrative procedures for obtaining these
awards:

Edited to add:

CAPR 39-3 states that completion of all requirements for the achievement or award as the criteria for the ribbons... Per CAPR 52-16 2-4. part of that is the associated promotion.

Mike Johnston

shorning

Quote from: Auger on March 07, 2006, 11:30:11 PM
I have been told by a "greenhorn" cadet officer that in order to wear an achievement (test) ribbon you must first be promoted to the cadet grade that it corresponds to.

I have to add that the achievements aren't just passing the tests.  So just because you pass the tests doesn't mean you get the ribbon.  As LT Johnston pointed out, achievement ribbons are associated with promotions.

Therefore, your so-called "greenhorn" cadet officer is correct and the (allegedly) "experienced" cadet SMSgt needs to go back and reread the regulations.

SarDragon

Adding to that, nothing is complete until the CAPF 52-x is signed by the Commander or Deputy Commander for Cadets. Then promotion and authority to wear the ribbon are essentially concurrent.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Nathan

Just wanted to make a note.

You can't have "greenhorn" cadet officers in comparison to Cadet NCO's. This ain't the military where you can have a CMSgt who's been in a lifetime longer than a brand new 2d Lt. In order to get to that rank in the cadet program, you have to pass through all of the NCO ranks. That "greenhorn" cadet officer has surpassed where you were in the program. Regardless of whether you were in longer than him or not, he still surpasses you because he's been in and past your position, passed you in the tests, and has more experience than you in the cadet program. I suggest you remember that next time.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

A1Steaksauce

I don't need to be told what I allready know thank you. But the truth is you'd have to know this LT to know what I'm talking about, in no way am I trying to be disrespectfull but he's not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Drop the subject, I'm done talking about it.

A1Steaksauce

By the way, I've passed just as many tests as he has and then some.

Pace

Quote from: Auger on May 04, 2006, 09:07:07 PM
I don't need to be told what I allready know thank you. But the truth is you'd have to know this LT to know what I'm talking about, in no way am I trying to be disrespectfull but he's not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Drop the subject, I'm done talking about it.
Let me recommend you calm down and edit that before you start a flame war.  You are way out of line considering the tone has been relatively kind so far.

And if you can't take the pain, don't throw the first punch.
Lt Col, CAP

Pace

Quote from: Auger on May 04, 2006, 09:08:12 PM
By the way, I've passed just as many tests as he has and then some.
And if that's the case, your squadron is violating 52-16 which says you can't test ahead of the achievement you're working on.  If you have then those other tests don't count, and you get to retake them.

For the wiser amongst us, is this also a violation of test control?
Lt Col, CAP

Al Sayre

Have to agree with Daniel, everyone who has replied to your post to try and help you is a Heavy Hitter.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Al Sayre

Quote from: dcpacemaker on May 04, 2006, 09:14:41 PM

For the wiser amongst us, is this also a violation of test control?

If it's true and he passed them it must be a violation.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

lordmonar

Quote from: Auger on May 04, 2006, 09:07:07 PM
I don't need to be told what I already know thank you. But the truth is you'd have to know this LT to know what I'm talking about, in no way am I trying to be disrespectfull but he's not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Drop the subject, I'm done talking about it.

For a month and a half you ignore this post and then you come back with this????

Sorry Cadet, I don't care if the cadet lieutenant is mannequin in a window.  You said "green horn" improperly and it is disrespectful whether you meant it or not.

The fact is that the cadet knows what he is talking about....you must be promoted to wear the ribbon.  That means the Commander or the DCC must sign you 52-X.  You do not have to wait for the "promotion ceremony" but it is sometimes traditional.

Once the 52 is signed your clock starts for the next achievement.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

A1Steaksauce

I'd like to say that I am sorry if I have offended anyone over this whole thing. I've been going through some rough times and have had a tendency to lash out and get angry. I was out of line and being very disrespectful even though I didn't mean to. My deepest apologies :(

lordmonar

Quote from: A1Steaksauce on May 10, 2006, 12:01:43 AM
I'd like to say that I am sorry if I have offended anyone over this whole thing. I've been going through some rough times and have had a tendency to lash out and get angry. I was out of line and being very disrespectful even though I didn't mean to. My deepest apologies :(

No problems....It shows maturity that you can accept that you were wrong and move on.  I respect that.  Keep it up. :clap:
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP