Main Menu

New uniform

Started by lt_viper82, May 11, 2012, 05:03:45 AM

PA Guy

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 04:02:15 PM

The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so. 

AFJROTC doesn't have the extra added attraction of thousands of senior members who are the biggest offenders in uniform wear and are adults, at least from a chronologic point of view.  Like AFJROTC I don't think the AF would have a problem with cadets wearing ABUs assuming they have a problem at all.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PA Guy on May 11, 2012, 10:45:03 PM
AFJROTC doesn't have the extra added attraction of thousands of senior members who are the biggest offenders in uniform wear and are adults, at least from a chronologic point of view.  Like AFJROTC I don't think the AF would have a problem with cadets wearing ABUs assuming they have a problem at all.

That's quite a broad brush you paint with.  Thousands are uniform offenders?

And that's just it...we don't know what, if any, problems the AF has with us.  We only have rumour, hearsay and conjecture.  The last time I recall the AF directly saying it had a problem with us uniform-wise is when we got the berry boards...and we've been carrying the water for that ever since.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
I can't believe people like radioman and the rest of the gray brigade are so against the ABU. They love gray and the ABU is gray, the BBDU is blue, hence Blue BDU.

But the ABU is not solid grey; furthermore, it is an adaptation of a military uniform, which is what I believe the "grey brigade" are against.  The same goes for the BBDU, with the somewhat-exception of the Coast Guard's ODU.

We have no right (except for cadets) in some of that lot's eyes to be wearing an adapted military uniform, and the only way to achieve "distinctiveness" is have everything grey and as "demilitarised" as possible.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:23:47 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 11, 2012, 10:10:58 PM
I can't believe people like radioman and the rest of the gray brigade are so against the ABU. They love gray and the ABU is gray, the BBDU is blue, hence Blue BDU.

But the ABU is not solid grey; furthermore, it is an adaptation of a military uniform, which is what I believe the "grey brigade" are against.  The same goes for the BBDU, with the somewhat-exception of the Coast Guard's ODU.

We have no right (except for cadets) in some of that lot's eyes to be wearing an adapted military uniform, and the only way to achieve "distinctiveness" is have everything grey and as "demilitarised" as possible.

Insert airplane sound with your hand flying past your head here.

AngelWings

We have the hugest communication problem over the simplest of topics. I don't get it at all.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:20:57 PM

And that's just it...we don't know what, if any, problems the AF has with us.  We only have rumour, hearsay and conjecture.  The last time I recall the AF directly saying it had a problem with us uniform-wise is when we got the berry boards...and we've been carrying the water for that ever since.
Sir there are 34k SMs. I bet you at least 3-4k are uniform offenders. Thus thousands
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PA Guy

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 11:20:57 PM

That's not what I said but since you brought it up, as of 30 Apr '12 there were 34,693 senior members in CAP.  My WAG is that at least 10%, and I think that is conservative, are uniform offenders so, yes thousands.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PA Guy on May 12, 2012, 12:57:26 AM
That's not what I said but since you brought it up, as of 30 Apr '12 there were 34,693 senior members in CAP.  My WAG is that at least 10%, and I think that is conservative, are uniform offenders so, yes thousands.

As long as it's a WAG, because there's no quantifiable way to substantiate it. :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AngelWings

This seems like a good photo to use in this situation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brad

This distinctive enough? Just replace the Galactic Empire cog with The Triangle Thingy and NHQ and the rest would be happy ;)  (Just got my 501st Legion uniform approved the other day, couldn't resist sharing)

Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

The CyBorg is destroyed

It looks too "military."^^^
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on May 13, 2012, 03:24:06 PM
It looks too "military."^^^

It makes you look like a wannabe. You can't wear it because someone could mistake you for a real Imperial Storm Trooper.
Can't have that happening! >:D

abdsp51

For the longest time AFJROTC couldn't wear BDUs at all, and many schools were cancelling the program because it was too military.

Nikos

I would really like to see the uniforms made out of something like Indura Ultra Soft for safety reasons.

PHall

Quote from: Nikos on May 13, 2012, 05:44:54 PM
I would really like to see the uniforms made out of something like Indura Ultra Soft for safety reasons.

No, that would make them a safety hazard because it would be too easy to fall asleep while wearing them! >:D

SARDOC

Quote from: PHall on May 13, 2012, 07:11:15 PM
Quote from: Nikos on May 13, 2012, 05:44:54 PM

No, that would make them a safety hazard because it would be too easy to fall asleep while wearing them! >:D

Nah..Not a Safety Hazard...As long as it's an Air Force uniform.  Sleeping comfortably seems to be a talking point for recruiters.   ;D

Sgt. Fischer

do you mean ADU's? Well, than, no. I talked to  Col. Taylor (She's from AZ wing) And she informed me that we are not getting the new uniforms.  :(

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Brad

Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 14, 2012, 05:04:28 PM
do you mean ADU's? Well, than, no. I talked to  Col. Taylor (She's from AZ wing) And she informed me that we are not getting the new uniforms.  :(

Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. Nothing is known for sure right now, one way or another. Wait and see what CAP-USAF and NHQ say, those are the only official sources.

Also there is no such creature as the "ADU". It's ABU - Airman Battle Uniform. This constant misnomer of terms simply shows how pitiful the rumor mill in CAP can be at times.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

EMT-83

Quote from: Brad on May 14, 2012, 06:19:44 PM... Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. ...

Actually, you should receive the same answer. In fact, any CAP member should be able to provide the very same information.

The uniform committee will make its recommendation to the National Board. In due time, they will decide on any changes.

Despite all the wasted bandwidth and teeth gnashing on the subject, it's that simple.

Sgt. Fischer

Quote from: Brad on May 14, 2012, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Fischer on May 14, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Ask all 52 Wing Commanders and I guarantee you you will get 52 different answers. Nothing is known for sure right now, one way or another. Wait and see what CAP-USAF and NHQ say, those are the only official sources.

Also there is no such creature as the "ADU". It's ABU - Airman Battle Uniform. This constant misnomer of terms simply shows how pitiful the rumor mill in CAP can be at times.

Airman Battle Uniform? I heard it was: Alternate Dress Uniform.....  ???

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!