Main Menu

New uniform

Started by lt_viper82, May 11, 2012, 05:03:45 AM

lt_viper82

I heard that we will be changing uniforms again can anybody tell me when and wear to buy new ones.

lordmonar

No where....because no one offical has said anything.

Wait....it will not happen till after this summer at the earliest.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Abby.L

Welcome to CAPTALK. Here, you will learn not to ask about new possible uniforms, as everything about it will be dissected, or otherwise discussed. You will find many threads regarding uniforms, and the gist of them all is that of we just have to wait until official word is presented.

Again, welcome. Best save any threads like this for later.  8)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

SarDragon

Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 06:49:00 AM
Welcome to CAPTALK. Here, you will learn not to ask about new possible uniforms, as everything about it will be dissected, or otherwise discussed. You will find many threads regarding uniforms, and the gist of them all is that of we just have to wait until official word is presented.

Yeah. Like until you have grandchildren.   >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cliff_Chambliss

Quote from: SarDragon on May 11, 2012, 07:10:59 AM
Quote from: Levilockling on May 11, 2012, 06:49:00 AM

Yeah. Like until you have grandchildren.   >:D
But I now have 13 grandchildren and I'm STILL WAITING.
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

ammotrucker

But I now have 13 grandchildren and I'm STILL WAITING.[/quote]
+1
RG Little, Capt

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 05:09:07 AM

If then, and then I strongly doubt we'll have "new" uniforms...just extremely minor tweaking of the existing uniforms (like changing the colour of the blazer from blue to grey >:D).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Angus

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 02:43:28 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 11, 2012, 05:09:07 AM

If then, and then I strongly doubt we'll have "new" uniforms...just extremely minor tweaking of the existing uniforms (like changing the colour of the blazer from blue to grey >:D).

God I hope we don't get a tweak like that.  I wouldn't mind seeing a tweak like changing the name tapes to something like a darker blue that would match the BBDU's.  It would look sharp with BDU's till we wear those into the grave and eventually something like an ABU if we were to ever adopt that.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flint on May 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM
God I hope we don't get a tweak like that.  I wouldn't mind seeing a tweak like changing the name tapes to something like a darker blue that would match the BBDU's.  It would look sharp with BDU's till we wear those into the grave and eventually something like an ABU if we were to ever adopt that.

I agree with you about the BBDU darker nametapes.

However, I don't think we'll ever see ABU's.  The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so.  Also, the "we gotta look distinctive!" crowd would be most unhappy with it.  I think that once BDU's are finally exhausted, it'll be BBDU's across the board.

I was being partially tongue-in-cheek about the grey blazer, but given NHQ's love affair with that non-colour, you never know... >:D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Angus

Quote from: CyBorg on May 11, 2012, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: Flint on May 11, 2012, 03:42:37 PM

I agree with you about the BBDU darker nametapes.

However, I don't think we'll ever see ABU's.  The Air Force does not want us to look too much like them, though they have no problem with JROTC doing so.  Also, the "we gotta look distinctive!" crowd would be most unhappy with it.  I think that once BDU's are finally exhausted, it'll be BBDU's across the board.

I was being partially tongue-in-cheek about the grey blazer, but given NHQ's love affair with that non-colour, you never know... >:D

I think we'll eventually adopt the ABU.  But I'm in the camp that we won't get it for at least another 3 years or so.  WIth the way uniform changes have been coming (till the moritorium) I fiugre it will go something like this.  (Now this is best case scenario mind you)  At this summer's National Boards it will be brought up, MA Blue will give the ok to start developing a look so we're "distinctvie" from them.  After that it will take the rest of the time to develop something that Ma Blue and we can both live with. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

MIKE

The ABU will be phased out before CAP ever gets it.
Mike Johnston

av8tr1

I don't usually post in these topics but I can solve this for everyone.  My BDUs are getting pretty old.  Still (very proudly) wearing my issued BDU pants from 20+ years ago.  So I think I will go buy a new set or two.  The moment the time available to return them expires we will get new uniform regulations to something other than BDUs.  I'd put money on it. 

Persona non grata

Rumor has it that we will be getting the CAPCU ::)  or surplus WW 1 wool army uniforms that they found in the basement at FT. KNOX
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Nathan

I don't want any new uniforms. The ones we have work just fine, and there are plenty of them.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Camas

I would hope that, after the CSU fiasco, we'd learn. If CAP ever comes out with another new uniform (heaven forbid!) I would hope that members stay far away from it.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Camas on May 11, 2012, 07:08:13 PM
I would hope that, after the CSU fiasco, we'd learn. If CAP ever comes out with another new uniform (heaven forbid!) I would hope that members stay far away from it.

Unless it's grey.

I would wager that the CSU could be reissued in grey cloth and it would be perfectly fine.

I don't believe we'll ever see the ABU.

Actually, I don't believe we'll ever see any change from the status quo.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MSG Mac

The moratorium ondiscussing  uniform issues ends at this summer's National Board meeting.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NCRblues

I also believe that Elvis did not die, he just went home...

oh wait...is this not the place to make wild guesses in the dark?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

manfredvonrichthofen

I can't believe people like radioman and the rest of the gray brigade are so against the ABU. They love gray and the ABU is gray, the BBDU is blue, hence Blue BDU.

caphornbuckle

This discussion came up when we were authorized BDU's back in the early 90's.  If anyone remembers, the Air Force was in BDU's MANY YEARS before CAP was (early mid 80's, I think).  Just give it some time.  There will probably be some changes in the next 5 or so years.
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP