Main Menu

ABUs

Started by Survivor, May 13, 2010, 03:44:38 AM

Survivor

I haven't heard all that much about it. Any word on when we'll be swapping out our BDUs for ABUs(though to be honest, I would prefer ACUs, but you take what you can get)?

SarDragon

To answer the Q, there is no definitive word.

Beyond that, you might want to use the search function to look at the umpteen other threads discussing exactly that topic.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Майор Хаткевич

We may never get them. We may get whatever is next. We may (Hopefully) all be wearing Multicam.

Seabee219

It is said that the Air Force will be outfitted with the new ABUs by the end of 2012. Beyond that who knows when we will be new uniforms.  I would suggest that you beg, borrow or steal (FOS) as many BDU uniform parts as you can, the MIL-SPEC ones are getting hard to find.  I like the MIL-SPEC better than the after market ones by a long shot.   >:D
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

PHall

Quote from: Seabee219 on May 13, 2010, 03:53:48 AM
It is said that the Air Force will be outfitted with the new ABUs by the end of 2012. Beyond that who knows when we will be new uniforms.  I would suggest that you beg, borrow or steal (FOS) as many BDU uniform parts as you can, the MIL-SPEC ones are getting hard to find.  I like the MIL-SPEC better than the after market ones by a long shot.   >:D

BDU.com has them, for a price....   But they are the "real deal".

Hawk200

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on May 13, 2010, 03:48:05 AM
We may (Hopefully) all be wearing Multicam.
Whaddya wanna bet that someone already has a set of MultiCam's set up as a CAP uniform?  >:D

heliodoc

Plenty of the wannabees in the Kombat Air Patrol

Thinkin its going to be CAP's future uniform ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 13, 2010, 05:29:43 AM
Whaddya wanna bet that someone already has a set of MultiCam's set up as a CAP uniform?  >:D

Oh I'm sure there is someone who either photoshoped such a possibility, or actually laid it out.

Dragon 3-2

Quote from: Hawk200 on May 13, 2010, 05:29:43 AM

Already have a set of ABU's ith that counts lol

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Hawk200

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on May 13, 2010, 01:53:44 PMAlready have a set of ABU's ith that counts lol
Not really. That's a logical step. MultiCam being a required uniform for the branches is not a certainty at the moment. It's simply been bandied about, and something that Congress is being spoken of as considering. Might not be Multicam at all. It's being fielded to some units as a test. It could be something different entirely.

Even if CAP does get it in the future, it's not a guarantee at the moment.

PHall

Quote from: heliodoc on May 13, 2010, 12:46:29 PM
Plenty of the wannabees in the Kombat Air Patrol

Thinkin its going to be CAP's future uniform ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And we heard the SAME TIRED LINE when we switched to the BDU too. >:(

It's all a matter of supply and demand.

Seabee219

;D I wonder how many uniform threads we have had on CAP TALK over the years. Anyone care to take a shot at it??
CAP Capt, Retired US Navy Seabee.
  MRO, MS, MO, UDF, GT3, MSA, CUL
1. Lead by example, and take care of your people

PHall

Quote from: Seabee219 on May 14, 2010, 02:37:41 AM
;D I wonder how many uniform threads we have had on CAP TALK over the years. Anyone care to take a shot at it??

Take the total number of threads, subtract about 10% and you should be pretty close! ;)

Pylon

Quote from: PHall on May 14, 2010, 02:40:00 AM
Quote from: Seabee219 on May 14, 2010, 02:37:41 AM

Take the total number of threads, subtract about 10% and you should be pretty close! ;)

Considering most uniform threads start or are moved to the Uniforms & Awards section, the count for this section should be pretty accurate.  There are 1,385 topics and      45,414 posts in the uniform section spanning a little more than 5 years.  About uniforms.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

vmstan

That doesn't include general discussion or membership issues that end up revolving around what to wear.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

lordmonar

How many of those posts are questions about how many posts are about uniforms?  >:D

Come on guys.....if you think it is a BS topic don't read it.

If you have something valuable to say...say it.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on May 15, 2010, 07:26:59 PM
How many of those posts are questions about how many posts are about uniforms?  >:D

And then there are those that complain about those that complain about uniform threads  :'(   :'(

lordmonar

Quote from: RiverAux on May 15, 2010, 08:05:48 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on May 15, 2010, 07:26:59 PM

And then there are those that complain about those that complain about uniform threads  :'(   :'(
And those who complain abou those who complain about those who complain about uniform threads.  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FARRIER

Quote from: Survivor on May 13, 2010, 03:44:38 AM
I haven't heard all that much about it. Any word on when we'll be swapping out our BDUs for ABUs(though to be honest, I would prefer ACUs, but you take what you can get)?

I think this is one of the uniform threads that make sense. Nothing new being said, but this will effect the cadets more than the seniors.
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

vmstan

How do you figure? Cadets will probably end up having more time to switch and not have to pay for the gear.
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4