Reports? for 2012 Legislative Day hand-outs-Due 16 Jan via eServices

Started by 907JenS, January 15, 2012, 09:19:37 AM

907JenS

Oh Wise and Experienced and Wordly (Salty Seasoned) Contributors with Time on Your Hands...

You are the only one who can help me! (Really; I asked at our Wing staff meeting last week....no volunteers to help there)

I am a new WING PAO, I am working with our Wing Administrator for developing our statistical numbers- but in a year that our Wing was fortunate to be spared of most major disasters that hit US Mainland, we are lacking major head line news.  Substance is the matter. I found the link and where to plug in photo, forms, etc.

Anyone else ever worked on one of these?

What reports should I try to use to prep for 2012 Legislative Day hand-outs-Due 16 Jan via eServices. Anything in WMIRS or eServices?

We had a few saves, a few searches, a few cadet o-rides.  But with the budget funding delays the way they were...and then weather....etc. our flying numbers-are not what they used to be. Not much to brag about...

"...These handouts are critical in telling the story of how valuable CAP is to our communities, states and nation. Most importantly, these handouts should help convince Congress to support CAP's top legislative agenda item...fully restoring our FY13 budget...so that these handouts grab the attention of your congressmen and senators..."

Normally I'd look for the good news to highlight. Maybe find a way to focus on cadets- o-rides- vs. ES -more than one way to save a life!  is there a report that illustrates downward trends in number of members, number of o-rides, lack of retention, lack of recruiting, etc.

Any WMIRS Reports-Geniuses out there? or eServices "Member reports experts?"

Feels like time for a search pattern-time to mow the grass! Where can I extrapolate real numbers to see patterns that need attention? 

Cheers,

JENNIFER L. SHERWIN, 1st Lt., CAP
Public Affairs Officer, Alaska Wing
Anchorage, AK PCR-AK-015

RiverAux

If you've got a few saves, you've got more to work with than most Wings.  Realistically, those handouts only have room for about 1 story about your wing.  The rest is boilerplate material about CAP. 

sardak

Here is the link to last year's reports. http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_national_hq/cap_reports/  I'd look at them to get ideas. RiverAux is correct that you only have room for one short story. Less than 1/4 page for photo, 1/4 page for a story and a column of stats. Wing staff sections should provide you with the stats. For example, the Wing ES/Ops sections should provide the mission stats, which they should have handy - you shouldn't have to dig through WMIRS yourself.

Mike

DBlair

Considering you are from AKWG, (from what I understand) you've got quite a lot to mention regarding the operations side of the house-- which would likely grab the most attention from politicians, and would be a strategically better idea than O-flights, etc.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander